Sunfire Cinema Grand Amplifier $700 Chicago

ZEUS121996

3 hours ago, pbphoto said:

I live in the same town but I need another amp like I need a third eye.  The guy has quite a setup in the background there.

Same town in Chicago is not necessarily near by. I was hoping someone really close might see me and check it out; not asking anyone to go out of their way. The background stuff is one thing making me think this might be in good shape.

20 hours ago, pbphoto said:

I live in the same town but I need another amp like I need a third eye.  The guy has quite a setup in the background there.

Gave him an offer of $700.00 ....2 weeks ago....he accepted the offer.....Then never came through with a response to arrange pickup. At the time he was asking $750.00.

I does look like it is in good shape.

I did here from him this morning... I mentioned I was no longer interested.....

As far as the third eye thing....same here ....but it is an awesome amp for $700.00

Thanks,

G.E.M.

1 hour ago, oldred said:

Gave him an offer of $700.00 ....2 weeks ago....he accepted the offer.....Then never came through with a response to arrange pickup. At the time he was asking $750.00.

I did hear from him this morning... I mentioned I was no longer interested.....

What changed?  Picked up another piece, buyer's remorse, doubts about the seller?

I've sometimes found myself giving confidence to a seller when I should have walked away and instead ended up with a headache situation that sometimes took months to work out.

Yea... that's one killer amp.... and @ $700 that's a steal.... Those go for over a grand all day long on the e-bay.... in good shape and working 100%.... Looks like it has the base that goes with those amps...

If that amp was in my neighborhood I would snag it right up for 7 bones.... I would buy to check it out and flip it.... who am I kidding, me sell a Carver amp:D

MKP :-)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I go straight to the monitor with hdmi from the video components.  Besides, this is an amp, not a pre/pro.   This is an amp for the long run, and swap out your pre/pro as needed for your little conveniences.

OK, but who uses 5 channels for a home theater these days? And yes, I like my "little conveniences" thank you very much!:rolleyes:

I would like to buy this amp (condition dependent) and I use 5 channels from a Marantz pre/pro but would like to experiment, deviating from the one 5 channel I have now.

Edit: not true; currently I am using 4.2 as the center Belle is not wired in and sitting lonely in the office.

Condition seems good. And it is a good deal. Just not for me at this time

I also run a 5 channel system in second room. Currently run a Adcom  GFA7605.

Some one else also mentioned ARC....Ya know I have always been impressed with Audyssey ...sure seemed better than the old days with the Radio Shack SLM.

I had a chance to buy a Anthem Prepro with ARC for my 7 channel room....... totally blew me away.

G.E.M.

4 minutes ago, oldred said:

Condition seems good. And it is a good deal. Just not for me at this time

Some one else also mentioned ARC....Ya know I have always been impressed with Audyssey ...sure seemed better than the old days with the Radio Shack SLM.

I had a chance to buy a Anthem Prepro with ARC for my 7 channel room....... totally blew me away.

G.E.M.

So are you really near this sale? Willing to look? Buy? Pack? Ship? If none of the above, zero problem.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

This is an amp for the long run,

For real.....

33 minutes ago, oldred said:

I would drop that Adcom like a hot potato to have that Sunfire....just saying:P

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

I would like to buy this amp (condition dependent)

Get it Mike.... Get it ;)

MKP :-)