traffic - what's your limit

Woofers and Tweeters

The people that cross the double white line from the fast lane into the HOV lane are the worst. I hate going 75 mph in the clear HOV and have some idiot going 3 mph in traffic suddenly merge over and you have to slam the breaks not to hit him. It happens all the time in UT on I-15.

• Like 1

I've been drivin' all night,
My hand's wet on the wheel
There's a voice in my head
That drives my heel
It's my baby callin',
Says: I need you here
And it's a half past four
And I'm shifting gear

When she is lonely
And the longing gets too much
She sends a cable
Coming in from above
Don't need a phone at all

We've got a thing that's called Radar Love
We've got a wave in the air,
Radar Love

The radio's playing some forgotten song
Brenda Lee's "Coming On Strong"
The road has got me hypnotized
And I'm speeding into a new sunrise

When I get lonely,
And I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort,
Comin' in from above
Don't need a letter at all

We've got a line in the sky,
Radar Love

No more speed, I'm almost there
Gotta keep cool now, gotta take care
Last car to pass, here I go
And the line of cars drove down real slow

And the radio played that forgotten song
Brenda Lee's "Coming On Strong"
And the newsman sang his same song
One more radar love is gone

When I get lonely and I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort, coming in from above
We don't need no letter at all

We've got a line in the sky
We've got a thing that's called,
Radar Love

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Weber said:

For the ones who get caught texting / surfing while they're supposed to be driving

Ah yes, caning, perfectly legal in Singapore.  Nothing like having your fellow citizens hold your arms while the local cop administers a little street justice.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Weber said:

What do you hate the most about what others do with the car with which they are responsible?...and what is the solution?

1. Being on an on-ramp with a slow driver in front of me and a fast driver behind me.  The fast driver will often attempt to pass me before we are even on the interstate.  So basically I can't just safely pass the driver in front of me when it is time to do so, I have to watch out for the idiot sling-shotting around me and trying to pass two cars at once even though the car in front of him is trying to get over to pass.  

2. Being on a bike and not given any room when somebody passes in a car.  It's especially fun when there is a vehicle coming the other direction when they try to pass.  

3. Loud pipes.  Nobody gives a crap, you're not impressing anybody.  

I have no solutions.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

When on a two-lane road with 10 cars in a line the last car in the line drives like an idiot 80 mph to pass and risks a head-on to get one car length in front of #9, and is still eight cars behind the lead car.  And they CONTINUE to leap frog cars one at a time, risking lives and saving virtually NO time on their trip.

The obvious and easy solution to stop someone from passing you that way is to speed up to take away their option to merge in front of you.  Honk horn and display middle finger for maximum effect if possible. 

While I'll agree that the situation described above is something I find incredibly irritating, I've wondered why the person leading the snake of cars doesn't pull over and let the rest of us get on with our lives. 

If you're leading a parade of cars with no one ahead of you, pull over for a cup of coffee or something. The folks behind you will appreciate your generosity. 

Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cincymat said:

While I'll agree that the situation described above is something I find incredibly irritating, I've wondered why the person leading the snake of cars doesn't pull over and let the rest of us get on with our lives. 

If you're leading a parade of cars with no one ahead of you, pull over for a cup of coffee or something. The folks behind you will appreciate your generosity. 

Mark

Agreed. The second in line is a real contributor to the long line. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wvu80 said:

When on a two-lane road with 10 cars in a line the last car in the line drives like an idiot 80 mph to pass and risks a head-on to get one car length in front of #9, and is still eight cars behind the lead car.  And they CONTINUE to leap frog cars one at a time, risking lives and saving virtually NO time on their trip.

I just got back from the smokies, we drove on highway 129, aka. the tail of the dragon.  dozens and dozens of curves doesn't do it justice, I read somewhere it was 318 curves within 11 miles.  Slow people would queue up a line of impatient people, then a motorcycle would jet around them, except there ain't no room to pass, when you get out of one curve you were literally starting another.  Bikes would pass anyway, it was ridiculous.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I just got back from the smokies, we drove on highway 129, aka. the tail of the dragon.  dozens and dozens of curves doesn't do it justice, I read somewhere it was 318 curves within 11 miles.  Slow people would queue up a line of impatient people, then a motorcycle would jet around them, except there ain't no room to pass, when you get out of one curve you were literally starting another.  Bikes would pass anyway, it was ridiculous.  

Have to admit that I, at one point in my life (and was a single parent who (shouldn't have, but) was called Mad Max by the local brass balls) would not tolerate anyone in front of me.  

10 minutes ago, Weber said:

Have to admit that I, at one point in my life (and was a single parent who (shouldn't have, but) was called Mad Max by the local brass balls) would not tolerate anyone in front of me.  

Yeah, when young, me too.  I just couldn't take following behind someone.  I admit I was young and dumb.

Now I'm the old guy driving slow at the front of the line holding every one up.  :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Yeah, when young, me too.  I just couldn't take following behind someone.  I admit I was young and dumb.

Now I'm the old guy driving slow at the front of the line holding every one up.  :P

In my defense....like I have any, I was either in a sports car or on a crotch rocket. 

Please stay on topic.

:(

yep.  to borrow & modify a line - lead, follow or get the @#$% out of the way.  now, I must admit I cannot stand people who are inattentive, like has been discussed at length already.  the ones who I find the worst are the ones who affect me, usually driving at about the speed limit.  you know the ones - you're coming along, cruising freely, well aware of your surroundings, and someone who needs a smack about the head pulls out in front of you, forcing you to slow rapidly and makes no attempt to speed up.  it's as if they saw you coming & WANTED to make you mad.

it's those people who I have to admit, I do my best to fill their rearview with my grille, and hope they understand.  I especially like it when driving the SUV :angry:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -js- said:

yep.  to borrow & modify a line - lead, follow or get the @#$% out of the way.  now, I must admit I cannot stand people who are inattentive, like has been discussed at length already.  the ones who I find the worst are the ones who affect me, usually driving at about the speed limit.  you know the ones - you're coming along, cruising freely, well aware of your surroundings, and someone who needs a smack about the head pulls out in front of you, forcing you to slow rapidly and makes no attempt to speed up.  it's as if they saw you coming & WANTED to make you mad.

it's those people who I have to admit, I do my best to fill their rearview with my grille, and hope they understand.  I especially like it when driving the SUV :angry:

With 6 shots of vodka, I still walk a straighter line than you 

But I get what you're saying.

:P

1 minute ago, Weber said:

With 6 shots of vodka, I still walk a straighter line than you 

But I get what you're saying.

:P

you get 6?  heck, I'll pour, you enjoy!  :P  I can't do that stuff much these days.  (price later = not worth it)  but sounds like a good time trying