traffic - what's your limit

Woofers and Tweeters

1 minute ago, -js- said:

you get 6?  heck, I'll pour, you enjoy!  :P  I can't do that stuff much these days.  (price later = not worth it)  but sounds like a good time trying 

LOL

Before I went home, i thought I might not be back tomorrow....rough day................I need to listen to my mentors 

That's so true it's sad. I've gotten off the super slab and went over the river and threw the woods just to break away from the tractor beam. 

This driving thread really strikes home with me. I drive a lot for work, 35,000 a year is normal. See lots of special behavior from my fellow travelers.  

Mark

• Like 1

As we drive along I ask the kiddos to compute how much sooner we would arrive given an increase of X MPH over the distance remaining. Interesting responses.

I frigging HATE the parents picking up / dropping off kids at school absolutely zero common courtesy.

• Like 1

On September 27, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Weber said:

20141009_113138.jpg

I went to the hardware store the other day and pulled into the covered area where you pick up lumber. While I was in the store the parking lot  filled up and some guy decided to park at the entrance into the covered area and block my exit route. I was blocked in for almost 20min. until they found the guy and made him come and move his car 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Prius owners are pretty bad I'll agree.  However, for those who complain about people not accelerating quickly enough, I would wager that their cars are not capable.

Before the prius it was the green station wagon, often with fake wood trim. 

Then how 'bout we really annoy some folks - The 2017 Prius Fake Woody. The line forms there ---

But please don't wager on me - 

• Like 1

Then there is the small johnson syndrome: the ones who have the lifted 4x4 with the fuel turned up way too rich, tailgating, cutting back and forth through traffic and belching a lot of smoke in every one's cars. My county would have more fine money if I had a ticket book.

I drive a conspicuous car and some people lose they're minds around me . I need a dash cam .

IMG_2005.jpg

Two days ago a guy was riding close on my passengers side and then sped up , got in front of me and braked in an intersection with a green light . POS was trying to bait me and then sped off . Lots of people that suck out there , be mindful .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Weber said:

On a back road, you encounter someone doing a million mile p/h under the sl and you pass them, only then do they pace behind you with their brights on....

I have a buddy who keeps a roll of pennies in his car for just such occasions, he flicks them out of his sunroof & whacks the idiot's windshield.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stephen Schaffer said:

I have a buddy who keeps a roll of pennies in his car for just such occasions, he flicks them out of his sunroof & whacks the idiot's windshield.

oh now there's a CAPITAL idea!  never thought of that.  that's friggin' awesome  :lol:

Not into tailgating. Because I don't know what's their hurry, I usually look for a place to let them pass. 

I did some work in Texas, more than once. It was the first time that, on a 2 lane road with a shoulder, people would ease over and drive on the shoulder to let someone pass. Not sure if that courtesy is still practiced there, but it never caught on here. :mellow: