Klipsch speakers - Clinton MS

-js-

not affiliated with seller.  but with this kind of 'inventory' coming to market in this area...  OMG!!!

looks to me like Khorns & Belles 1st & 3rd photos.  2nd photo I guess is a CW.  I don't know for sure.

already called for more info.  waiting... waiting...

link

thanks very much.  as I am pretty much a newcomer to the Klipsch enthusiasm, I've been reading a lot here, not much elsewhere, and checking you guys out, with all your stuff, posts, gear discussions etc, and developing my idea of where I would like to be with what would be my dream system.  with the electronics - still very much wide open.  but with the speakers, that arguably may be the most important components of the whole thing, I'd absolutely love to move up in the Heritage line.  not sure if I'll ever have enough room for the Khorns, or really for mush more than what I have now.  just love the look of those beautiful Khorns and the Belles.  they have become my faves overall.  LS are very nice but the Belles have a look that is more attractive to me.

I almost can't sit still waiting to see if I get a call back.  just wanting to keep calling like I'm trying to win a radio call in contest or something!  :ph34r:  and my GF smilingly gives me grief about my "obsession" with speakers...  I just haven't narrowed my focus on the other parts of the puzzle just yet.

and with these, like when I got my Heresy pair, being right in my backyard - they don't come up very often in my area during the short time I've been looking for them

one of the sellers just returned my call.  yay!  :D  said when he started this sale, he wasn't knowledgeable in this area.  he was away from the phone for about 1 hr.  when he came back, he had gotten 5 calls on these - one from Little Rock, mine, and one from Gulfport who says he is driving up.  based on interest, he & lead contact for family/estate, have decided on asking prices of $2000 for the Khorn pair, also $2000 for the Belle pair, and $1000 for the C-WO pair.  doesn't know anything about working order etc, but says appearance-wise, they are in excellent/like new condition.

dang it.  he is learning too much about what he has.  I was hoping to get away with offering a nice price for the whole package that he had no idea about.  B)

3 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Good luck, can't go wrong with any of those, if they are in working condition.

ain't that the truth!

4 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

The price is a little steep.

yeah, based on what I've learned following you guys, they all are a bit high I think too.  and goodness knows I don't really need to spend anything on any of it right now.  {trying to convince myself a little here} ... over a few months' time, I haven't seen many come out in the market in my area.  I could be patient, wait & see, but who wants to do THAT ?!?  <_<

34 minutes ago, -js- said:

dang it.  he is learning too much about what he has.  I was hoping to get away with offering a nice price for the whole package that he had no idea about.

Apparently you haven't figured out that when you post something here you are alerting hundreds of people about an item that they probably were unaware of.  Believe it or not there are people here that may not be interested in the items at all but may feel that it is their personal responsibility as loudspeaker experts to notify the seller the value of what the seller has.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, T2K said:

Apparently you haven't figured out that when you post something here you are alerting hundreds of people about an item that they probably were unaware of.  Believe it or not there are people here that may not be interested in the items at all but may feel that it is their personal responsibility as loudspeaker experts to notify the seller the value of what the seller has.

um, no, I had not thought of that.  I do believe it.  and have no problem with people maximizing value for whatever they're looking to sell.  but when I'm interested in buying, well, that puts it in a little different light.

thanks for pointing that out.

4 hours ago, dtr20 said:

Decent price for klipschorns, belles are a little high on retail side, cornwalls are around retail as well. I would offer $4k on everything if I could swing it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oh, if I could, it would all be coming home with me.  can't do that.  sure wish I cold tho!!!  and may even have to pass on all of it, even though I don't wanna.  too much increase in the outgo lately.  I may wind up being patient for another time, see if something down the line comes up

2 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

Not that it really matters but from the grill cut outs, those Cornwalls look like CW-II's.

no - that matters not to me.  I'm looking to 'move up' in the Heritage line to add to my H 1's, so that makes no never mind to me.  as I understand from all you guys who've been around longer, apples to apples, no upgrades, CW II are usually better than the I's - yes?

17 hours ago, -js- said:

no - that matters not to me.  I'm looking to 'move up' in the Heritage line to add to my H 1's, so that makes no never mind to me.  as I understand from all you guys who've been around longer, apples to apples, no upgrades, CW II are usually better than the I's - yes?

Which one is better is all subjective. Mine are 84's and even though they are CW-I cabinets, they came with CW-II internals. Biggest difference being the midrange driver. I's mostly had the K-55 but mine had the K-57.

During their Cornscala conversion they got K-55's put in on a FastTrac mid-horns.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Which one is better is all subjective. Mine are 84's and even though they are CW-I cabinets, they came with CW-II internals. Biggest difference being the midrange driver. I's mostly had the K-55 but mine had the K-53 (?).

During their Cornscala conversion they got K-55's put in on a FastTrac mid-horns.

nice.  the old school look with the plus of newer component upgrades  B)

I've decided I probably shouldn't even go, financially, so I have dismissed my original idea that I might, cough, cough, be coming down with a bug & not be at the office tomorrow ;) . but I will probably try to get over later & see if any of these are left.  if they are, I'll post an update... hopefully a very happy one, with pictures of another 'new to me' pair :P