RP-280F & RP-250C Tweeter falloff, i thought they were rated to 25khz?

mother's corpse

This should illustrate my confusion a bit better.  This is in my room with an RP-250C right now, with a calibrated UMIK-1 from Cross Spectrum.  I did the same thing you did and put the microphone inside the horn.  Notice the erratic response as I would expect. I then pulled the microphone back 10" and measured again which is the magenta line.  Quite a bit smoother but it's still not rolling off starting at 16 kHz like you were showing, and upper extension was actually better than inside the horn.  Unless you were in an acoustic chamber and measured the right way I just wouldn't trust measurements like this, I just don't think it is a viable test.  This is literally the same setup with only the microphone moving back 10". 

rp-250c_zpsu8r6whr5.jpg

So strange, my final guess is that there is a tollerance level at klipsch and they send them out with response like mines or yours. No bs, HA yeah right my ***[emoji19], I rather a company that keeps the spec honest than one that BS me or anyone, I've learned. At least a yours make it to 20khz no matter how it's measured.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk