What Should I do Boys?

russ69

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Well I jumped the gun a bit, no stroke or reason to suspect a stroke (that was really good news). I have have a blocked eustachian tube, unknown cause. I'm on heavy steroids to reduce inflammation but the ENT doctor says; "Give it a couple of months and we'll see what happens". So all hope is not lost...yet anyway. I also got a hearing test and that was pretty disappointing.  You wont believe this. I am 70db down at 8Khz in my bad ear. Seventy db! Holy crap that's a lot. I guess my "golden ears" are retired for now. You guys will have to come over and tune my system for me, lol.

• Like 3

That's too bad, I'm sorry Russ.  I have over 80 db loss in my left ear due to Meniere's.  However, my other ear is still pretty good, so that's what I listen with.  I don't have good directionality, of course (I can't tell where a sound is coming from, either side-to-side or up-vs down), but have some sense of stereo, from both live music at concerts and from my 2-channel system.  I think a lot of that comes from constant small head movements I'm not that aware of.  I absolutely enjoy great component sound from my K-horns, too.  I can't hear "sweet spots," however.

So, it's not impossible to make the best of it.

Larry

On 11/4/2016 at 11:43 PM, russ69 said:

UPDATE: Well I jumped the gun a bit, no stroke or reason to suspect a stroke (that was really good news). I have have a blocked eustachian tube, unknown cause

Good news the doc found a specific problem and prescribed a solution.  Us men aren't exactly good when it comes to seeing the doctor, so you are ahead of me.

Maybe that hearing will come back.  I had some light tinnitus a year ago and after turning the volume down, my hearing came back, better than its been in a long time.

I'm hopeful for you.