Advice please R6 in ear headphones bluetooth

calhockey10

I've owned and auditioned (remember the free trial awhile back?) several Klipsch headphones, but not these.    All were very good to excellent, so I would expect good things from these.  

These are available for $58.80 from Amazon.

Screenshot (42).png

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Kirill Benkovitch said:

my r6 reference bluetooth stopped working right after one song...

Please contact our customer service crew. I responded with the contact information on the other thread you created.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a really hard time finding in-ear headphones that would stay in.  I exchanged a couple emails with one of the Klipsch customer service reps and decided to go ahead and order them (the R6).  While waiting for them to be delivered, I found all sorts of people complaining in various forums online about them falling out.  Regardless, I remained hopeful.

I got the headphones, and sure enough they fall out easily.  I'm using the right sized buds -- they fit snugly and would be fine if not for the issues described below).  I figured out what the problem was with how they are designed, and then took my valuable time to write out a detailed description of the issue(s) and even recommended ways they could be improved to help avoid the falling out problem.  I got no response.  I sent it a again a week or two later.  No response again.  A simple "Thank you for the recommendations" at a minimum would have been appropriate. Not impressive customer service.  And of course, no way I could find to call and actually talk to a human being to follow up on that either.

Simple version of my detailed, and ignored email: the connecting wires between the over the ear parts and the in-the-ear parts are way too stiff.  When firmly in my ears the wires themselves push up on the over the ear parts "lifting them off the tops of my ears; they then fall down (once over the tops of my ears) and they weight and momentum *then* pull the buds out.  Also, the imbalance of the weight of having the controller part just on one side exacerbates the problem.

I hope the new Bluetooth headphone model referred to above will have solved the issue(s).  I also hope Klipsch improves the customer service.

Thanks,dwilawyer.  Appreciate the reply.  I'm glad they work for you -- and I'm sure there are plenty of people that have no problem.  However, it didn't take a lot of "googling" to find various forums/blogs etc. in which people point out the exact same problem I'm having with these.

To be clear though -- maybe I shouldn't characterize the problem as "they fall out," but rather that the over-the-ear part comes off the top of the ear and then its weight drags the earpiece out of the ear.  As silly as this sounds, I'll bet the people who have problems are those of us where the distance between our ear canal and the top of our ear is too short for the "too long" and too stiff (if it weren't so stiff the "too long" part wouldn't matter) connecting wire between the bud and the over-the-ear part.

Marc, I totally understand what you're saying. This was part of the reason we've chosen to discontinue them - they fit most but not all people, which is certainly disheartening after pulling them out of the box. 

I have one recommendation (and another I'll send you privately). Have you tried wearing them with the cord in front of your neck? This goes a long way to anyone having trouble with the fit. We found that oftentimes it was the black antenna piece that would hit your collar and become the culprit, pressing the back of the ear piece up and over your ear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Vlad -- I'm back now from my travel and will update my reply to your separate message.  But, yes I tried a couple times with it in the front and that helped only one issue (the cord "sticking" to the back of my neck and that causing the earpiece to pull out of my ear when I turned my head to the left or right.  Actually, I'm not even sure I'd mentioned that issue in my original email about the problems -- it's probably third in seriousness behind the off-balance weight issue (the volume control dangly) and the too-stiff wire (between the ear bud and over-ear part) issues.  But, in all fairness it was an issue I'd noticed and I tried shifting the cord to the front -- solved that (third) issue but he other two problems still made them unusable.

DisRotus -- not sure about "Neil Young" but you probably have a good point.  I do own the wired Klipsch and they are better about staying in my ears than the Bluetooth ones -- only because they don't have the imbalance or too stiff wire problem.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to follow-up on my posts above and give due credit to Vlad and Klipsch.

Vlad was patient, super-helpful, and generous, in helping me over these last several months.  I ended up going with an on-ear model -- my ears are just not right for in-ear buds.

I had a minor, bad start with Klipsch customer service, and they have more than proved my first impression wrong.  Great customer service and I will always look for opportunities to recommend them to friends and acquaintances!

Bottom line: thank you Vlad, and Klipsch!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi I recently purchased the R6 neckband and loving them staying charged for days at a time, the great sound and the comfort and  was wanting to know if maybe Vlad might know if your coming out with a version that has retractable ear buds if so sign me up for thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the love guys! We looked into the retractable designs done by LG and ultimately decided the little retractors they use and the fishing line of a high-gauge cable were both unreliable and detrimental to sound. Now, with all that being said, we are working on BOTH an entry level acoustic module that has a similar shape to the original S4 (which never had a problem with falling out of people's ears) and a new neckband that's much smaller and still uses genuine leather. Stay tuned for more, we just went to tooling and anticipate the new products all rolling in around the September timeframe.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have had a pair or R6 since Christmas and I love the sound quality, the battery life, and the form function.  

However, the "rubber" cover over the right side controls has begun to curl and separate from the housing.  can anything be done about this? I'm afraid this will be a problem when I sweat.  also, it looks terrible.

@Vlad ?

Edited by Dee Edward Brown

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2017 at 8:22 AM, Vlad said:

Stay tuned for more, we just went to tooling and anticipate the new products all rolling in around the September timeframe.

Great to hear - I'm starting my shopping process now, but I'll wait to see what happens in the near future. 

-Bob C.