some pretty tubes

Matthews

Perhaps not what you were imagining?  Pretty good lookin' none the less B)

headers.jpg

Likely the last of the major modifications to my '69 Corvette before winter sets in.  The past 3 weeks of work have led up this beautiful finale. 

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

...been a while since I have visted - Hi all :D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cincymat said:

Matt,

Those tubes are bitchin'.  Hook them up to that 350 mill and drive east to see your old speakers. We'll put you up for as long as you care to stay.

Mark

Very nice of you, Mark :)  -  I will be visiting another friend in Columbus this summer.  Maybe I can arrange a detour in there somewhere?

10 minutes ago, Weber said:

I'm sure they sound better than SS.

I am excited to hear them sing "JW".  I ordered two different sets of muffler inserts for the collectors, the backflows as well as maximum flow.  They are easily swapped out, depending on my mood and needs.  Running them open is likely not a good idea to remain friendly with the neighbors.  It was hard enough smoothing them over after some window rattling music sessions :lol:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Matthews said:

Very nice of you, Mark :)  -  I will be visiting another friend in Columbus this summer.  Maybe I can arrange a detour in there somewhere?

I am excited to hear them sing "JW".  I ordered two different sets of muffler inserts for the collectors, the backflows as well as maximum flow.  They are easily swapped out, depending on my mood and needs.  Running them open is likely not a good idea to remain friendly with the neighbors.  It was hard enough smoothing them over after some window rattling music sessions :lol:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Jealousy

:D

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Matthews said:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

I'm not far from Columbus around 80 miles. If you can find the time you're more than welcome.

Mark

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matthews said:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

I was at the Harley plant in KC one time and they had a portable dyno.

This guy had his bike on it with straight pipes the operator showed him how if he put the baffles back in the exhaust he would actually have more horsepower. So guess what the owner did ?? He put the baffles back in because he had proof there was less horse power with out the baffles.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Schu said:

What... no proper merge collector?

For shame doc.

Yes, I have the proper collectors, too :)

...with reverse flow muffler inserts to help keep er' peaceful

collectors.jpg

Next weekends project.  Along with a variety of other fine tuning additions and adjustments :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

• 1 month later...