Klipsch Repairs in Seattle / S. King County

onemoretime

I haven't seen anything posted here about Paul Johnston and The Loudspeaker Store, so want let forum members know about a great resource:

I'd been looking at vintage speakers and noticed Paul's ads on Craigslist for speaker repairs. I called him up and learned that he uses OEM parts or parts which have been tested to ensure they match original spec parts sonically. He is actually the one who turned me on to Klipsch in the first place; he worked for Klipsch for a time and was exposed to the brand early as his grandfather was PWK's first manufacturer's rep in the Seattle area. Paul is a fount of knowledge on Klipsch speakers. I've discussed pro's and con's of various models - Belle vs. LaScala, Forté I vs. Forté II, KG series, etc. He has been generous with his time and insights, steering me well on my purchases.

He did great work recently on a pair Cornwall I's I bought where both woofers had been blown. I sent him pics and he quoted for repairs, plus assured me the cabinets would clean up well. The Cornwalls came out sounding gorgeous and the repaired speakers cost about half what I would have spent otherwise. He also replaced the fuse assembly on one of my Heresy HIP speakers, which went to center channel duty.  I now have a killer 5-channel Heritage setup, plus the added peace of mind knowing he repairs things the way Klipsch would do it themselves.

(They also work on Speakerlab, Altec, ADS, Infinity, and many other brands.)

If you're local you can drop off speakers at two locations; they also do a lot of work with folks who live outside the area and just ship their drivers.

For more info:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-loudspeaker-store-kent-2

https://www.facebook.com/loudspeakerstore/

IMG_6968_sm.jpg

Hey!  I just went past this place over the weekend.  We were headed from Vancouver WA, to Lynwood for my son's soccer game.  Had I known about this shop, I would have stopped in to discuss upgrading a pair of kg 3.2's.  

Maybe next time..... 

Also, nice work on the Cornwalls.   

6 hours ago, Cohoangler said:

Hey!  I just went past this place over the weekend.  We were headed from Vancouver WA, to Lynwood for my son's soccer game.  Had I known about this shop, I would have stopped in to discuss upgrading a pair of kg 3.2's.  

Maybe next time..... 

Also, nice work on the Cornwalls.   

FYI - the listed address on the Yelp review is for shipping. You can call for an appointment and get the actual shop address that way.