Chorus I's, time to update?

Mystik Cabs

Hello all,

I have had my Chorus I's for a couple of years now and I am curious as to how I would know it's time to refurbish them. I also hear a lot of talk about Crites tweeters and crossovers. Would I benefit greatly from those products? Where would be the best place to purchase them and finally, where would I go to have them installed if I think it's beyond my capabilities. I am in SouthEastern CT btw.

If you can use a screwdriver, you can replace the tweeter diaphragms and the crossovers.   Bob Crites shows step by step instructions regarding the tweeters on his site.  You can send your current crossovers to Bob for update, or for totally new crossovers.  

http://www.critesspeakers.com/replacing_the_diaphragm_on_.html

Benefit "greatly" is a loaded question.  You are bound to get many, many differing opinions on this.  Most likely, you will experience some small to moderate level of "improvement"....However, I sincerely doubt that you will hear a night and day delta.