Heresy III Sequential SN# Question

BMINDES

Buying a set of Heresy III from an authorized online Klipsch dealer...

Just curoius..Does Klipsch always ship sequential sn#s on the Heritage series speakers..Dealer couldn't answer this 100% but I thought I remember reading that's how they ship..

Any help is appreciated,,

-B

Just bought a pair about a month ago.  They did not have sequential serial numbers. The emblem on the grill is on opposite sides, so they did sent me a left and right I guess.  They were even delivered on separate days and one was packed in the factory box which was placed in another cardboard box.  These were sold as A-stock , never used.  I checked the tape on the factory boxes. It wasn't broken.

Im not worried about the sequential serial numbers though.  I plan on keeping and I don't think it would make that big a difference if I ever decided to resale.  Really the information on them is just for the "born on" date.

I just sold a pair of RF-280F's.  The buyer could have cared less if the serial numbers were sequential.

^^^^ sorry, forgot to mention these were bought from the authorized dealer in Vegas.  Always had good luck with him.  They were shipped from the Amazon warehouse in Indiana.  He also is a seller on Amazon for Klipsch products.

All Heritage product should have sequential serial numbers.  The label on the packing carton should even call out the serial number of the speaker that it's matched with (serial # XXXXXX1, match with serial # XXXXXX2).  The speakers are grain-matched. In other words, the left speaker is virtually a mirror image of the right speaker. This is why the speakers have sequential serial numbers - so they can be kept together (easily) through the factory, as well as after they leave the factory.

One reason why this is important is because real wood veneer (especially exotic wood veneers)  will vary dramatically in grain pattern, texture & color.  Matching the wood grain makes a distinct improvement in the perceived beauty of the product.   

Kerry

• Like 1

Well if they went to an amazon warehouse good luck with keeping pairs together. I would not worry about it. If you were that concerned you could have checked before you even opened them up. Now if I was ordering the corns or scalas or Ks I would make dam sure they were consecutive.

50 minutes ago, RTR said:

My speakers are Heritage (Heresy) bought as pair and arent. Only 3 off. Wood grain looks ok. No complaints.

Being so close in serial number, it is plausible the veneer panels were cut from the same timber.  That would help ensure the pair still had similar grain pattern and color. 

Kerry 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricktate said:

Well if they went to an amazon warehouse good luck with keeping pairs together. I would not worry about it. If you were that concerned you could have checked before you even opened them up. Now if I was ordering the corns or scalas or Ks I would make dam sure they were consecutive.

I noticed the serial number was not consecutive when the second one came in. I looked at them and didn't think there was a difference. I wasn't concerned about it because any difference was not noticeable , plus didn't want to go thru the hassle of shipping them back. They will be far enough apart that a slight difference wouldn't have been noticeable anyway. 

Very happy with these. Wish I could get the grills from the Special Edition Heresy III in East Indian Rosewood. Then they'd be perfect!

Thanks for the replies, I just wanted to help the OP.

• 3 weeks later...

The consecutive number to form a pair is indicated on the cardboard packaging with a blue label.

The labels of my Cornwall III. the corresponding number to form a pair is indicated : MATCHING WITH : ......

572534DSC0108Copie.jpg    517778DSC0109Copie.jpg

And the labels numbers back on speakers is good 

187837kflht0015.jpg    231354kflht0016.jpg

:)

• Like 1