Looking for one speaker

Parnels

A few years ago I bought a par of Khorns in NY and shipped them to Australia - at more than they cost to buy.

The Khorns are in the corners of a long room so now I'm looking for a single heritage speaker to fill the gap. Cornwall, Chorus II or Forte II look good candidates.

The problem is most Klipsch for sale are pairs and I only need one and can't afford to ship a spare. Because of their size most speakers are also pickup only which poses a problem when I'm in Australia. So the question is, anyone have a single speaker to sell and is also willing to help me get it shipped?

If I get the chance to be picky, walnut would match the Khorns.

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Parnels, I am located very, very close to the seller of the single Chorus I.  Probably 15 minutes from me, if you would like me to inspect the speaker for you at some point.

That's a fantastic offer. If it's not too much trouble for either you or the seller I would really appreciate eyes and ears on the ground. If it doesn't work out, no sweat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parnels said:

That's a fantastic offer. If it's not too much trouble for either you or the seller I would really appreciate eyes and ears on the ground. If it doesn't work out, no sweat.

OK, let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate.  

• Like 1

The Cornwall was not meant to be a stand alone speaker or a pair of speakers. It was designed to be a center to the Khorn. I have used a single Belle for a center and it does great. I think I'd rather have a pair of Cornwall for center because of the added bass along with not a lot of extra horn. I've yet to prove that I will like it,  but in my mind I will

:)

On 10/6/2016 at 1:25 PM, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Well, this could perhaps work BUT would need something.  Maybe someone here knows how a KHorn would sonically respond to being enclosed like a Cornwall?  The initial price is right though...

http://spokane.craigslist.org/for/5808636389.html

Wow that is a heck of a deal. I would get that just to tuck it into a corner for a mono system in a bedroom or living room for background music.

For the OP- if you are handy it might be better to just buy the woofer and parts and build a cabinet for a Cornwall. You could probably get some from here on the forum or talk to Bob Crites. Even maybe have a local cabinetmaker build you the cab.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 8:36 PM, Parnels said:

The people of this forum are fantastic. Many will go beyond making suggestions. As you see, they are willing to go listen to, help broach a deal and do what they can to send it your way.

:emotion-21: 

Just an idea, it may be cheaper to collect parts of the speaker you want to save on shipping expense and then possibly build or have someone build the cabinet for you? Maybe build an original "Cornscala" to match your K-horns?

• Like 1