Louisiana La Scala, Belle or Khorn audtion

daveaux419

Hi everyone, I am a long time lover of Klipsch but have always purchased non horn high end stuff. Wanted to start a project by getting a set up with the La Scala's, Belles or Khorns (Khorns would not be the best for my listening room). I am looking at this as long term project where I will be making a significant investment over time. I want to audition some first before I buy a pair of used speakers. So if anyone in the forum in Southeast Louisiana would be gracious enough to let me hear their speakers I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone! 

Welcome to the forums, Dave.  A couple of questions may help us narrow down some choices.

Is this to be a two-channel, or 5.x setup?  Are you thinking about an upgrade to Atmos in the future?

Do you have an amp or AVR picked out?  For instance, tubes vs solid state amps?

It sounds like you already know enough about Klipsch to know Khorns need corners, and may not be right for you.  Do you have a budget for speakers, budget for amps, or budget for everything?

There are a lot of guys here who can guide you on matching your gear to your listening preferences and listening environment.  Good luck. 

Thanks for the quick reply!! This is will be a two channel set up that could one day turn into hometheater. I am more focused on the 2 channel as of right now. I am looking to spend about 3 to 5k on speakers as I know they will be upgraded. I have an amp picked out that I love, the Decware Mystery Amp. 6k. A preamp in the 2 to 3k realm. Sources with be computer and vinyl. My over all goal would be to get these to Greg at volti audio to do a full restoration in the long term. Hope this helps.  

There are some folks who may be fairly close to you who can help out. DTEL and his wife, Christy are in Picayune, MS and I believe there are others around the area. Where are you located?

Welcome to the forums.

Bruce

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Marvel said:

There are some folks who may be fairly close to you who can help out. DTEL and his wife, Christy are in Picayune, MS and I believe there are others around the area. Where are you located?

Welcome to the forums.

Bruce

The problem is I do not have any of the speakers he listed, and our 2 ch is not easily converted to Ht, it's tough for a center channel match to move to multi channel later,  and overall on the large side. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 8:49 AM, Marvel said:

Welcome to the forums.

Bruce

As Bruce asked where are you located? We can't help if you don't reply!!!

No problem Dave I hope the family is OK.

+++

Your $3-5K speaker budget is more than adequate.  You can afford a later model or nicer finish, but I might suggest a pair of La Scala pre-listened to in the $1K-1500 range. 

You said you might upgrade later, but starting with a pair of LS's will anchor your future L/C/R and if you decide to go another way your $1K LS's can easily be resold for $1K as the used ones hold their value pretty well.

Have you seen Youthman's LS theater setup?

klipsch-lascala-trio-home-theater-build-

Youthman been building this setup since 2014 and what catches the eye of most of us from an speaker point-of-view is his use of 3 LS for L/C/R.  If you check his signature he has links to his build, his high-res pics and a Youtube tour of the theater.

1 hour ago, daveaux419 said:

So sorry everyone, I had a family emergency I was attending to. I am in Baton Rouge Louisiana. 

Dave,

Look up member KHarmonDDS.

Kevin is in Lafayette, Louisiana and owns two separate pairs of  Klipschorns, plus a pair of Jubilees for you to compare them too, plus Klipsch TSCMs and other large Klipsch

Roger