Hurricane Matthew

prerich

To all of our forum members that live in that area, please take the evacuation warnings seriously!  This is a very dangerous storm!  People in Savanna Ga., you haven't been hit since 1800's and you are prone to surge - this is one of the most dangerous projected tracks in a long time - take all precautions and make preparations.I'd rather have everyone safe rather than sorry!!! 

My brother has a house in New Smyrna Beach which is right on the coast below Daytona.  He's currently in South Carolina and can't get down to board up his house.  He's got some pretty big picture windows that if broken would really allow devastation to the inside of his house.  I'm hoping for the best for him and those on his street.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My brother has a house in New Smyrna Beach which is right on the coast below Daytona.  He's currently in South Carolina and can't get down to board up his house.  He's got some pretty big picture windows that if broken would really allow devastation to the inside of his house.  I'm hoping for the best for him and those on his street.

Yep, New Smyrna may get walloped.

Hope and pray for minimal impact.

Bill

• Moderators

With any luck it just skips along the coast, either way it's better to be safe. It would be real nice if that turn right out to the Atlantic didn't happen quicker.

Millions of people were just glad it did not take a left at Miami, sorry East coasters but no one has control of where it goes anyway. :ph34r:

At least were past the peak of the season, I know it does not make people along the coast feel any better right now.

peakofseason.gif

My son is a law enforcement officer in North Myrtle Beach, I talked with him last night.  The SC governor has already issued an evacuation order and declared a state of emergency.  That puts all governmental relief forces on standby.

The NMB police force has its plans in place.  All leaves, vacations and trainings are canceled.  The police force has been well organized and personnel to deal with the hurricane is to be deployed by Thursday evening (tonight).  Preparations look highly sophisticated and plans are made.

Kudos to our public agencies who are so well prepared and doing a good job.

+++

To our friends along the hurricane route; STAY DRY.  B)

Things should be ok here. Our town is being used to stage electric and tree crews.

I would say 150-200 trucks. I doubt they would stage them somewhere where

there was a chance to loose them.

The again I never thought my government would be stupid enough to spend almost

20 trillion dollars that they don't have.

Definitely late posting, but if any Klipsch members need a place to crash in South Carolina, gimme a holler. I'm up in Greenville and can host no problem. Don't have hookups for RVs/travel trailers but have room for them on my property in town. I have room in my house...if you can deal with my 3 La Scalas across the front. :) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Tomorrow is when things turn but today i took the opportunity to be a tourist in my town .

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg South Market

I was thinking about you when I started this thread!!!! Glad to see it looks like a ghost town! People are paying attention! Stay safe Willy!!!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Well, to late to correct the spelling since you and Bill both commented on it already, lol.

I thought you intended for it to be spelled that way....that's what we call the east coast of Florida sometimes - the golf coast. :)

• Like 2