Hurricane Matthew

prerich

3 hours ago, prerich said:

That's a BEAUTIFUL African Methodist Episcopal church!!!!!! I was a member of Zion at one time myself (AMEZ). This church looks historic! 

It is historic for it's origins . It is unfortunately more known now for the horrible shooting that took place there last year .

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/charleston-emanuel-ame-church-history/

1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

It is historic for it's origins . It is unfortunately more known now for the horrible shooting that took place there last year .

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/charleston-emanuel-ame-church-history/

a beautiful church.  tragic that it now has the shooting connected to it.  hope the storm turns away and leave no trace there.

Is there some reason reporters have to stand in the rain and wind during the hurricane? 

"Yes, I am now standing in the hurricane in lots of rain and 100 mph wind.  It hurts my face very much.  Ow, ow, ow.  That is all that is happening since everybody else evacuated.  Back to you at the station..."

• Like 2

Matthew has by and large passed for me. Still getting gusty winds and an occasional rain band but the worst is definitely behind me. The only damage I'm seeing locally is a few downed tree branches. The worst damage at my house was that my trash can got knocked over.

I've been watching the local news feeds and it looks like the northern east coast of Florida is still getting hammered.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Is there some reason reporters have to stand in the rain and wind during the hurricane? 

"Yes, I am now standing in the hurricane in lots of rain and 100 mph wind.  It hurts my face very much.  Ow, ow, ow.  That is all that is happening since everybody else evacuated.  Back to you at the station..."

and for some reason, i still don't believe the media :D

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

and for some reason, i still don't believe the media :D

We were watching CNN last night and they had one reporter standing in front of some short palm trees which move with any little wind. The other reporter was standing about 75' away out in a parking lot which looked totally different and they would cut back and forth between them, eventually showing both in one shot. Then they kind of explained why as if they were caught covering two different places.

Just report the news and don't over dramatize it every time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Ratings

I'm not very happy tonight.  Eldest son is Law Enforcement in North Myrtle Beach.  He parked his Chevy Silveraldo to protect it the best he could, but tree dropped on it on the side yard, on another side a tree is on the power lines.  In the front yard a nice palm tree snapped in half.  He has had to sleep at the fire department the last couple days.  He said all the piers in the area (I think 6) were destroyed or were heavily damaged.  He lives about 3 blocks from the beach.

14625278_10104418268381799_108238810_n.j

14642906_10104418268396769_1923518327_n.

14610687_10104418270357839_849806670_n.j

14642808_10104418267728109_249191534_n.j

This always makes me shake my head. Just waiting for something to go wizzing by and decapitate the reporter on live tv. Get the hell out of the storm you knob.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, dtel said:

Gloria

http://www.weather.gov/mhx/Sep271985EventReview

not to be confused with this gloria

I know she died but I was REALLY hoping never to hear her voice again... 

I was thinking of G...L...O....R......I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I...G-L-O-R-I-A.

Or...Gloria Gaynor, Gloria Stivick, etc.