The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel TJ

Replacing the K400 with the 11"x17" ZXPC Horn

What, no phase plug????? Nice that you can cross at 300 Hz. then add a tweeter from 2 Khz. on up! 

This is a temporary setup and yes....I have some Klipsch tweeters and drivers that were in their late KSM models that were 1000Hz and up.  Gonna XO maybe 1500Hz or 1800Hz..

May do another with a bigger driver and cutoff the throat of a cheap horn.  PRV has a 90 x 40 I might try next with an 8" or 10" driver.

Let us know how it sounds, if you any success I might try it with a pioneer 5.25 coxial. Are you going to do meh with 8 or tens Or mount single driver at front of horn?   I have 4 extra 8's' might be fun to try the pioneers with the 8 inche drivers mounted meh style.

@jwc   Cool ideas! Josh made some tractrix horns for some 5 inch drivers. He messed up the throat size. But they still worked out.

11 hours ago, Ljk said:

Let us know how it sounds, if you any success I might try it with a pioneer 5.25 coxial. Are you going to do meh with 8 or tens Or mount single driver at front of horn?   I have 4 extra 8's' might be fun to try the pioneers with the 8 inche drivers mounted meh style.

Not doing multiple entry.  However, the zxpc looks sturdy enough to do it.

You need to do an MEH on a k402 like Chris did so you can real bass out of one. 😉