Klipsch K-510 Horn: $175: Lower Price

PrestonTom

I am still finding good homes for audio equipment. 

Today's listing is for a single Klipsch K-510 horn. This horn is a constant dispersion, modified tractrix horn and is the little brother to the big K-402 horn used in the Jubilee systems. Constant dispersion simply means that the on-axis and off-axis frequency response is comparable (IOW, the highs do not "beam"). The directivity is controlled down to about 500 Hz in the horizontal plane and down to about 1600 Hz in the vertical plane.

The throat is 2 inches, the depth (without driver) is 5 inch, the width is 15 inch and the height is 9 inch. 

The only marking stamped on the back is "132003". Please remember that the current production K-510 horns have a slightly different geometry (the corners are "filled in") to control dispersion to a lower frequency 

This horn is used in the Jubilee 3-way configuration for the commercial systems. It can also be used in a Klipsch Jubilee 2-way home system, if the bigger K-402 horn is out of question for your home.  If you are interested in DIY projects, it can be used to convert a Klipschorn, La Scala, or Belle, to a 2-way system. Please note that if you did this, then the crossover and driver would need to be appropriately reconfigured. In the past, for fun, I have demoed this on a La Scala and Heresy cabinet (using DSP crossover allows al sorts of experiments). The combination sounded great, IMO. A K-69 driver is appropriate for this horn. In the past I have used JBL 2445, or 2446 drivers with good success (they are about $125-150 on eBay). 

I am asking $175 for the horn (this is the new lowered price on Oct 17th). You are welcome to come pick it up and save on shipping (located in Groton, Connecticut 06355) or I can pack it up and ship it via UPS (buyer pays for shipping). 

Again, I only have a single one. Other ones occasionally come up for sale. However, if you are making a center channel then this would be perfect.

Please note that all the imperfections detailed on the photos are only on the surface. A can of spray paint will have them looking like new.

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

5 hours ago, Zim. said:

Excellent horn at a really great price.  Anyone on the fence should pick it up. 
I'm running 5 in the house at the moment and am a happy camper

Five of these .... sounds like you have a killer system. What do your neighbors think about this?

• Like 1

Last week I gave it a coat of spray paint. Looks good and I'll update the photos later.

If anyone is on the fence due to price, then PM me a reasonable offer (no trades). Just maybe we can work something out. BTW, I do a have a couple of JBL drivers that mate well with this horn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/6/2016 at 3:24 PM, PrestonTom said:

Today's listing is for a single Klipsch K-510 horn

Hi Tom!  Old post, but do you still have this K-510 horn?

Now the big question  :D  How did you get this horn in an Heresy cabinet? (Reason for me asking is ... have a Yamaha SM12 stage monitor as a "center," but want to put the driver and horn in a Heritage cabinet ... barely fits. But also have K-510 horns and love the sound; think they are probably better than the Yammie horn.) But ... the Heresy cabinet is only 14 inches wide (internal) and the K-510 horn is 14 5/8 inch :( :) 

Cheers, Emile

It certainly would be a tight fit. If necessary you could always trim off a bit of the flange. 

Mine measured at an even 15 inches wide.  

In answer to your first question - No. 

I sold that one quite a while ago. 

It looks like an admirable project and good luck with it.

Now, a series of "ifs". If you are in Southern New England this Summer. If you also have a truck on hand. If you are interested in going the final step. Then I will have some Klipsch Jubilees for sale. The bass bins are "jubilee style" in stacked, half cabinets, built to factory specs and with factory  K-31 woofers. They are paired with K-402 horns (the big brother to the K-510 you inquired about) and fitted with JBL 2445 drivers. If desired, there is a cosmetic package that comes with them. 

Something to think about ...

Good Luck,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

Tom; thanks for the reply!

Yes, really like the sound of this Yammie monitor (12' woofer, 14x8" horn w/2" voice-coil).  OK; that answered the first question ... found out that a 2" voice-coil requires a "smaller" throat :( Darn :D 

I'm in Florida ... not planning on driving up North :)  Got my K-510 horns when I bought my KPT-904's ... LOVE them.  The seller also had 6 K-402 horns ... "almost" got a pair ... just not enough space in my tv room ... plus I think my wife would have only allowed them in the garage :) 

Cheers, Emile