National Geographic Cannabis for Kids. Powerful videos

mother's corpse

Penn and Nicole Mattison's daughter, Millie, has infantile spasms with hypsarrhythmia, a form of epilepsy. By the time she was four months old she was having upwards of 700 seizures a day. The Mattisons tried numerous medications and diet plans, but Millie didn't improve. After her doctors said they'd tried everything they could, the Mattisons looked to Colorado for an alternative treatment.

Tracy and Josh Ryan's daughter, Sophie, was a typical eight-month-old girl until the day her eye began twitching. An MRI showed that she had an optic pathway glioma brain tumor. Given how young she was, the only option was to begin chemotherapy, though the Ryans were told that the tumor would probably shrink only slightly. Convinced that the chemotherapy wasn't doing enough, they began to research other options.

Sarah and David Rowland's daughter Lily began having seizures when she was just six months old. Diagnosed with a severe case of epilepsy, she continued to have 200 to 300 seizures a day despite heavy medication. When the Ryans were told that the only other option was brain surgery, they began investigating alternative treatments in Colorado.

• Moderators

Removing anything political or just plain ignorance I will say this.......

There is NO good reason cannabis should not be used to help with any medical problem that it helps, no exceptions or excuses.

They use so many different drugs made from either chemicals, plants or who knows what already many which are harmful or addictive, why not cannabis ?

It's like people (in power) are scared of it for really dumb reasons. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

Removing anything political or just plain ignorance I will say this.......

There is NO good reason cannabis should not be used to help with any medical problem that it helps, no exceptions or excuses.

They use so many different drugs made from either chemicals, plants or who knows what already many which are harmful or addictive, why not cannabis ?

It's like people (in power) are scared of it for really dumb reasons. 

They are scared of it for a very specific reason- pharmaceutical shareholder value.

Its pretty amazing what cannabis can do for neurological disorders. Here is a guy with sever MS and in the video you can clearly see him go from totally unable to function to pretty much normal right after he smokes:

• Like 2

If you had a patient who could benefit from marijuana and you had the authority to legally prescribe a card for them... Why wouldn't you?!

There are doctors in Maryland that are afraid to prescribe cards to their patients on the sole reason that they'll receive a "bad rep" from their communities for doing so.

WTF?!

They think they'll be viewed as "The Pot Doctor" and become discredited in their field.

I think there is a serious problem going on here.

People are ignorant to the facts and have this preconceived notion of the effects of marijuana, when they have not ever used it themselves or done the necessary research to make the decision rationally.

I don't personally need a card, and I'm thankful that I am healthy to that end.
I'm not saying they should be prescribing cards to anyone who has neck pain and just wants to get high... That person can take the risks acquiring it like everyone else until recreational use is legalized.

Don't want to mix in a political discussion.
I live in the Netherlands. I think i said enough with that. Even prostitution is legal here.

And everybody who has ever been here talks about the "coffeeshops" where you can buy and use cannabis. (Yes legal)
Not only in Amsterdam but the whole country.
If you use the cannabis for yourself (you can not sell it) you can even have a maximum of five plants in your house or yard.

But even here the medical benefits of using cannabis are not that well known.
And are Just coming out of the shadows.

Eventhough lots of People with reumatic problems or cronic pain use it for releive. It still is a drug in the opinion of many people.

Although there is a new "trend".
Cannabis-oil. It has all the positive effects but without the "high" . (They took out the thc. Same in english?)

Lot of people with cancer and cronic pain are starting to use this with great benefits.

It would be a good thing if someone made a good study of these effects.

(I'm not a expert. Don't smoke. But do know some people who use the oil for medical reasons. Pfff try typing all of this on your Phone when the dictionary is set to Dutch. )

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Zoef said:

Eventhough lots of People with reumatic problems or cronic pain use it for releive. It still is a drug in the opinion of many people.

Although there is a New "trend".
Cannabis-oil. It has als the positive effects but without the "high" . (They took out the thc. Same in english?)

Lot of People with cancer and cronic pain are starting to use this with great benefits.

It would be a good thing if someone made a good study of these effects.

They are working on it, CBD oil is completely legal in 50 states here, I have some, the local vape store sells it. 

Here is some info

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/cbd-users-manual-everything-you-need-know-marijuana-medicinal-compoiund

• Like 1