Klipsch THX Ultra 2 Home Theater System - question about alternate centre channel / atmos ceiling speaker options

sean335xi

I am in the process of renovating my basement into a Theatre Room,  I have all the wiring ran for a 7.2.4 set up.  My local dealer is really pushing the THX Ultra 2 line, but I have no room for the centre channel   (KL-650-THX).   The kitted system comes with the following:

• Three KL-650-THX LCRs
  • Dual KL-525-THX LCRs
  • Dual KS-525-THX surrounds
  • Dual KW-120-THX subwoofers
  • KA-1000-THX subwoofer amplifier

I really like the looks of these speakers, but first want some opinions on how I can make this all work.  First off I have roughed in for 6.5'' in-ceiling (elevation) speakers for Atmos.  I would like to know what the best timber match would be if I were to go with the THX Ultra 2 line-up, as I do not have room for the PRO-7502's.  Also the Centre Channel poses a problem as my screen is approx 8'' out from the wall, so the KL-650-THX will not work as the in-ceiling recessed projector screen will hit it when down.  (and its already fixed in this position, so moving it forward would be a nightmare.  The projector screen will come down in from of a brick fireplace, so my thoughts were I could possibly go with the PRO-6504-THX and recess it into the bricks.

So a few dilemmas here, any advise, input or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached a few pictures.

2016-09-20 18.28.17.jpg

Ditch the 650's and get the in-walls.  Even if you don't actually mount them IN the wall, you can build out a little and make a shallow on-wall box as shown below.  For overheads don't get anything Reference.  The soft dome tweets would match better due to being flatter.  Look at the PRO-6650-C and maybe do this for your LCR's if that fireplace is to stay.  

13698105_10154027986564401_3456293494229

6 minutes ago, sean335xi said:

Thank you for the reply, is there something you would recommend for the in-ceiling?

PRO-6650-C if you can't do THX or 8" speakers in general.  Otherwise just stay away from Reference.  THX and Reference sound too different in my opinion.  The pro line with the more traditional tweeters aren't as aggressive and colored.  

• 1 month later...

I heard this system years ago and i liked it very much.
Last year at Cedia Klipsch presented new thx architectural models, so, is there any chance to see a successor/replacement of this system with some improvements? (the current one is built from 2004).
I really hope in 2017, maybe at CES!

Edited by ultraviolet80

• 2 weeks later...