These are interesting...(not Klipsch), but interesting.

jimjimbo

Beautiful job on the cabinets! It says the main driver is a coaxial but I don't see a tweeter unless its behind the dust-cap?

On a different note I once heard a very expensive pair of Tannoys I believe? with a 15" coaxial woofer-- the guy was raving about it and seemed to brag on and on at how expensive they were. My thought was that possibly the tweeter was blown as it sounded very rolled off in the upper frequencies.

I've actually heard the super-v in person (not the ones in the ad, but a pair built up by DR himself), as well as other GR research designs (these are all DIY kit speakers).   They offered several that were similar, all open baffle, all used a P-Audio professional co-ax up top, and a pair of woofs below, also open baffle.  The tops are passive, with DR's passive networks and his typically easy-on-the-ears voicing, and the lows controlled by a sub amp with specific eq for this application.  They all sounded quite nice, rather punchy for OB designs, and of course had rather benign interaction with the room, another OB benefit (RMAF hotel room demo).  They were all being powered with either modest pp tubes or chip amps.  I strongly considered building a pair.

• Like 1