Wanted: RC-52 woofer and grill

dwalters

• Moderators

Hey Dave,

Welcome to the forum.  I would remove the woofer than emits no sound to see if both the positive and negative cable are attached.  If so, I would switch the working woofer with the non-working woofer.  If the non-working woofer begins to work and the working woofer stops working, it could be a wiring or bad crossover (although crossovers rarely go bad).

• Like 1

Thank you Youthman. I will do what you are saying. 

Weber, I am not sure I know how to answer your question. It looks like the original woofers. As I troll online and view pics, it looks like the original woofers to the RC-52 IV model. They are 5 1/4". 

My first purchase was a set of rs52 that had a bad crossover.  The symptoms were both tweeters didnt work on one.  A multimeter would let you test the speakers and the crossover.  

It is likely that one woofer is bad.  If you dont have a mm...order a woofer from Klipsch customer service.  If by chance it doesnt fix it then it will be the crossover which you would need repaired or replaced if you can find one.

You can return the woofer just keep the packaging.

One working and one not makes the chances higher its the woofer.  Klipsch CS told me the crossover failing is rare.

I would not be surprised if my speaker was dropped causing the failure.