Refinishing raw birch Heresy

Shaun K

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:12 AM, ricktate said:

You could put metal grill like Andy did to his in front of the woofer but behind the motor board and leave the fabric grills off.

Can anyone pointme to the thread that explains how to do this? I have a set of decorators that I would luike to add metal grills over the woofers for protection. I've searched but can't seem to find it.

Haha; if you can live with it as is, do it :D  But if they are in plain view (or you have a WAF to consider), forget about all the half-a$$ed solutions. "When doing a thing, do it right!"  Fill it in, sand it and re-veneer. Yes, will take at least twice as long, but the result will be at least four times better. Good luck!

Cheers, Emile

One more thought ... take it to an auto body shop and have them fill it in and sand it ... they've got the tools and should be able to do it quickly and hopefully cheap.  Do the veneering yourself. :D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Emile said:

Haha; if you can live with it as is, do it :D  But if they are in plain view (or you have a WAF to consider), forget about all the half-a$$ed solutions. "When doing a thing, do it right!"  Fill it in, sand it and re-veneer. Yes, will take at least twice as long, but the result will be at least four times better. Good luck!

Cheers, Emile

One more thought ... take it to an auto body shop and have them fill it in and sand it ... they've got the tools and should be able to do it quickly and hopefully cheap.  Do the veneering yourself. :D 

Not sure if this was for me, but I decided to leave the cabinets as-is.  Once I get new motorboards and the CS1 drivers/crossovers, I can at least get them back together and see how they sound.  Maybe have some fun with interesting stain colors since WAF is not an issue anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1