Amp to feed center speaker

Parnels

I'm looking to add a center speaker between 2 widely spaced khorns.

I can make up a mixer box from the figure in Paul Klipsch's Dope from Hope http://assets.klipsch.com/files/Dope_740700_v14n4.pdf but need advice as to whether I can use any stereo amp with a stereo-mono switch or if something like the Sony TA-N55ES is needed. The Sony appears to have dedicated mono input on the back.

Any suggestions for readily available amps that would be suitable?

I've been looking at an old Kenwood KA4002a-  its stereo but has mono switch and more interestingly right and left main in sockets as well as auxilliary. Not sure how that will work with the PWK splitter. The Sony TA-N55ES claims to be both stereo and mono. Do you know it?

I run an Onk 7.2 AVR 110 wpc with Khorns L/R and a mismatched MTM center which is way less efficient than the Khorns.  I then have a single sub and LS/RS.

The AVR gives me a LOT of electronic options, including being able to run the Khorns L/R in Stereo, or run the front 3 by themselves without having to engage the sub or surrounds.  Touch of a button, tons of options.

Caveat:  Others here will be correct when they suggest an AVR might not be the best match for the mighty Khorns, leaving some performance on the table.  I like the AVR for the flexibility to mix and match speakers, and for the simplicity an AVR offers.