KG 1.5 for Cornwall II front?

RT FAN

My buddy is considering buying my Cornwall II & Academy center for a 5 channel HT setup. He asked about rear speakers & thought I would offer my KG 1.5's to go with the setup. I realize there is a discrepancy in the efficiency of these speakers, although the Academy & Cornwalls match up well, so could he get away with the KG 1.5 for his rear speakers? He should be able to boost the volume of the channel on his rears to compensate, correct?

Thanks for any help, I am strictly a 2 channel guy.

Jim, I agree about the 1.5's. Sometimes I turn off my Chorus II's and just play the 1.5's. they pack quite a punch for a small speaker. But for now they are serving as a riser for my TV, filling in as a quasi-center channel in my 2 channel rig, while watching movies. They deserve better. 

Hey Stephen, that is almost my exact set-up, my center channel is a Frazier Super Monte Carlo, but, I use Cornwall II's for fronts and KG 1.5 as surrounds. My room is pretty small and not optimum.  I know what you mean about the little KG's, they are great little speakers.