Does anyone have similar setup?

Sux2bu

I'm new to your site, but have been a klipsch fan for 25 years. I listen to most of my music via computer.

USB fed Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 preamp

XLR from preamp to JBL PRX718xlf sub

XLR from sub to Crown xls 2500  DSP highpass set 88hz for Chorus I

XLR from 2500 to Crown XLS 1002 DSP highpass set 1060hz for Dayton Audio Amtpro-4.

The Chorus's have Crites xo's and Ti tweeters

The JBL and Crowns have XLR pass thru thats why I chose them.

I don't think I am a audiophile. I do have over 8k songs. Just about any genre.

Since I went to XLR connections I haven't had any interference pops, clicks, hums!

The setup kicks butt from body pounding to the most subtle female voices.

On 10/14/2016 at 10:41 PM, Sux2bu said:

The setup kicks butt from body pounding to the most subtle female voices.

That's what i'm talking bout!!:emotion-21::emotion-21:

52 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Let's see some pic's

yea for real....

43 minutes ago, twk123 said:

That sounds like a nice setup, I have heard good things about the Chorus.

Chorus I's or II's both are chest pounders..... just feed em power:P

MKP :-)

On 10/14/2016 at 9:41 PM, Sux2bu said:

Does anyone have a similar setup?

I too recommend this sort of configuration: it's low noise, flexible, stable over time and under load (voice coil heating), and very hi-fi. It has particular strengths for both two-channel and multichannel music.  See https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/profile/26262-chris-a/&tab=field_core_pfield_14

Digital buses: HDMI inputs from computer running foobar2000 (FLAC files) and two disc/web connectivity players (Oppo BDP-103 and PS3) to preamp/processor.

Line-level connections: XLR (balanced) with the exception of the First Watt F3 connection, which is XLR-RCA.  This helps very much to keep noise at a minimum.  This includes connections into and out of the three digital crossovers (one Yamaha SP2060, two EV Dx38s) and each subwoofer amplifier.

DSP: all channels have digital crossovers (5.2 setup), including bi-amping and tri-amping.  The subwoofers each have their own Crown XTi-1000 with DSP front end for equalization and crossover.

Preamp/DACs: Onkyo PR-SC886, which decodes input music streams, time aligns all channels and does subwoofer bass management.  Each loudspeaker driver is time-aligned and EQed via each digital crossover.

• Like 2

Hey Suc2bu,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have quite a nice set-up that not only sounds good, but you can "feel" it ;)

I also do not consider myself to be any kind of audiophile or "knower of all audio"...... 

As far as a similar set-up.... I have Chorus I's and II's and feed power to with them the bigger Carver amps.. TFM-55, TFM-55x, TFM-42. I have found once you push 300+ watts into those Chorus they really open up..... all three of those Carver's are rated @ 375 watts into 8 ohms.

I also have been collecting Klipsch speakers for the last 25 years..... just having fun with this stuff.... that's what it's all about for me. 

I have just entered into the next level of "audio" a few weeks ago the wife and I snagged some pro-JBL's that are truly on another level for me. I am now entering into "active x-overs" and all the good stuff that comes with it... yea I got a lot to learn.... lucky for me I have a audio buddy that is quite the knower of audio.... His company sets up high end HT systems and he builds x-overs and speaker as his hobby.... yup my bud:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Enjoy the site there's a lot of really knowledgeable here.....

MKP :-)

• Like 1