Chillin with some forum members

WoW, 

What a day it was yesterday.... I finally got to meet some forum members... I just posted this over at thecarversite and thought my Klipsch peeps would like to also give it a read...

I  believe that this is one of the coolest things... getting together with forum member to share our interests in this hobby... any audio forum ;) ... imho...

I look forward to the day I can meet some of my Klipsch peeps..... The wife and I were all ready to make that trip to Hope this year... till my wife's mom got sick and we had to cancel.... 

I really enjoy this forum....

MKP :-)

I think it's so so cool that this "internet forum" thing can bring people together that share the same interests... ie; this audio addiction that we all seem to have. I've never really considered my self a "forum" kinda guy ..... Over the years I've jumped on a few forums hear and there to check them out, but never joined any. This all changed about three years ago. I joined the Klipsch forum. I've been collecting Klipsch speakers for the last 25 years.... So yea I got a few around the houseBig Grin... I started to make some friends on this Klipsch forum thing... it was fun.... even my wife joined the forum... yes my wife loves this hobby, she even goes with me on these speaker buying adventures.... When we got the JBL's a few weeks ago she's the one that made the deal for the Crown Macro-tech 2400...... I'm like you go girl....
Well about a year ago I was thinking,  I own a bunch of Carver amps I need to check out thecarversite..... So I did..... I joined and of course I was warmly welcomed...... Over the next few months BarryG and I were trading some pm's. Barry lives in Md as I. Barry said he's never heard any Klipsch and would love to check some out... I thought this was so cool....
Well it took some time to get together..... and we finally got together yesterday. Not only did BarryG come over but we were joined by Maddmaster ...
BarryG was so kind to bring over a M500t. I've never owned or listened to a 500t. I've always wanted to pair one of those amps with my Klipsch LaScala's.... I liked the sound this amp has with the LaScala's..... We were driving them with a good 30 watts going to them for some time and later we got those power needles into that 100 watt range... oh yea the room was filled with music. I had one Klipsch sub (old SW-12) powered up and later powered up another sub (old SW-15)..
After some time listening to the LaScala's I switched up to the Klipsch Chorus I's and a Carver TFM-55.... and powered up another Klipsch sub... Oh yea the room was thumping..... I was digging it.... I checked with our guess's  to make sure it wasn't too loud for them.... I had the TFM-55 juming up well into that 375 watt range....Both BarryG and Maddmaster were liking the horns...... Maddmaster had a db meter app on his phone. I think we were somewhere around 90 db's with the Chorus I's about 20' from the speakers. Hopefully he'll report with the db we reached....
After a good ear pounding from the Chorus I's we took a little break and went onto the deck. On the deck I had my EVi's set-up with a little Crown 1010 amp. My wife and I spend as much time as we can out on the deck. The EV's really have great sound out there. Maddmaster was looking for another set of speakers on the deck. The way they reflect off the back of the house you would swear there's more that two speakers out there... 
Back into the house...... it was time to power up the JBL's...... I was unable to have the Crown Macro tech hooked up for the bass bins. So power was supplied too the bass bins by a TFM-42 and the horns were powered by a PM 1.5.  In my excitement to hook up the JBL's I forgot to hook up the left horn.... Maddmaster quickly picked up on this..... I don't know what the maxx db's were that we reached with the JBL's but I did see some readings in the mid 90 db's.... Since the JBL's are kinda on there own system I had no subs powered up with them. But those bass bins have incredible output. There was one track were the TFM's led's hung at 375 watts for most of the trackYikes... I think we were just on" this side" of exhausting the headroom of the amp..... The PM.1.5 didn't even break a sweet... we might have pushed 15 watts into those horns at one point.....

What a day it was... man it was fun.... real fun for both me and my wife.... we got jam all day and meet some new friends... During the day of conversation and jamming out I forgot to take some pics of us all... I think BarryG and Maddmaster got some.... hopefully there post some up... 

Thanks for coming over guys..... this is what it's all about.... enjoying our gear with friends....

MCP :-) 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Very true Derrick, it's always good and there is no shortage of things to talk about. And You are making this happen in the Chicago area, very cool. :emotion-21:

MKP glad you went.

These things are kind of strange, you rarely have anyone to talk to about this stuff and one day you get with others here and everyone has the same interests, it's just feels unusual at first, but good.

• Like 1