Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8/ECC 88 tubes - with photos

jimjimbo

Came across several older Tektronix Oscilloscopes at a sale this weekend that I knew were loaded with tubes.  I pulled all of the tubes, and have been testing them today.  Have about 10 white label Bugle Boys 6DJ8, that test strong on my Hickok 6000A.  All made in Holland, halo getters.  Some have decent labels, some are faded, but all test strong.  I'm thinking $12.50 per tube, (plus shipping) and I will match pairs as best I can.  Money back guarantee.    PM me if interested.

I also have some orange lettered with the World Globe logo, these test strong as well.

Interesting that there were also a few really nice Telefunken smooth plate 12AX7's and 12AU7's.  Tektronix knew what they were doing....

IMG_3218 (Large).JPG

Thanks Craig.  They all test very well.  Tektronix only used the best of the best in their scopes, I had the pleasure of using them while I did aircraft electronics maintenance and flight crew on E-2B and and E-2C Hawkeyes, and EP-3E aircraft.

Update on these, I've finished testing with the Sencore, and will be contacting you again, and getting ready to ship out early next week.  Thanks for your patience.

They have all been tested for emission, grid leakage and shorts.  There were a few stinkers, but I was amazed at how close a great majority of them were.  i'm glad to pass them on to folks that can use them.

Tube testing is so freakin' time consuming.....but so much fun!!  yikes.

• Like 2