Poll AGE of Forum Members

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

Please answer this poll to help some of my friends at Klipsch, Marketing and elsewhere.  They would like to see if the information from  this informal, and unscientific, poll matches with other data.

Thanks in advance,

Travis

Edit:  Someone read my mind and pinned this at the top.  I was going to ask Chad to do but figured he was going to be busy for awhile.  Whoever did it, thank you.

I also messed up on the post, I think if gave me an option on whether or not I wanted to allow replies, and I apparently selected that option.  I tried to go in and fix that without sucess.  If someone has access to go in and change that please feel free.  I think it would be interesting to see what the reaction to the poll results might be.

• Chad featured and pinned this topic
  • Chad unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

I also messed up on the post, I think if gave me an option on whether or not I wanted to allow replies, and I apparently selected that option.  I tried to go in and fix that without sucess.  If someone has access to go in and change that please feel free.  I think it would be interesting to see what the reaction to the poll results might be.

Still not an option.  It seems only moderators can respond.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Still not an option.  It seems only moderators can respond.

Thank you for pointing that out, I went in to see if I could change that somehow, no luck.

I am going to see if I can move Dave's post to the regular forums so it is available for everyone to respond.

39 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Was the lack of surprise from attending previous KLIPSCH events, or from interacting with Forum members over the years?

Both.  And apologies.  Had no idea you had "comment" turned off or I'd have not posted.

Dave

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Both.  And apologies.  Had no idea you had "comment" turned off or I'd have not posted.

Dave

No apologies, I was hoping for comments, but when I set it up I did something wrong and people couldn't comment.  Now they can comment but the results are gone.

Pretty typical scenario when I get near anything computer related.

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

No apologies, I was hoping for comments, but when I set it up I did something wrong and people couldn't comment.  Now they can comment but the results are gone.

Pretty typical scenario when I get near anything computer related.

Now Travis -- we won’t know if you’re too old or too young to operate a computer.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I'm not sure what to do here.  I voted in the original post but now I can't see poll results.  I can also see the topic is no longer pinned.

Let us know what you need next, happy to help.

It should still be pinned, it is just that the poll results disappeared. 

I was just curious what people's thoughts were about the age profile. 

I see what's going on now.  The AGE thread is pinned in the LOUNGE section, but is no longer on the front page under the Featured Topics section.  Forum members can comment, but the POLL is now gone.

The POLL being gone is not so bad, believe it or not.  It's more helpful to have a poll of that type that is time limited so it gives you a snapshot of what age groups are viewing in a particular time frame.  It would be more informational to run the poll (for instance) to run for three months, then be closed.  Then you could do the same poll a year later and have some useful information on trends.

I suggest you lock this thread then start a new poll with the time frame being specified, ie Fall 2016, that sort of thing.  After that poll has run to the end of the year for instance, lock it to preserve the information.

I'm 63...NOW...but in a few months I will need to come back and edit this post...LOL!  Thanks for making me have to do this ANNUALLY!  LOL!  BTW...if you DON'T see me editing this annually, then either I am DEAD, or I am spending TOO much time wiping drool from my lips to type anymore!

• Chad unpinned this topic