i know i have a heart ...

BigStewMan

... because it keeps tripping out.  Apparently benign PVCs -- couple times a month, the heart rhythm goes crazy for several hours.  last year, did a nuclear stress test--passed it with normal results. No blockages. when these prolonged episodes happen, it gets uncomfortable. asked cardiologist if my heart is in distress when this happens and she said no--it’s just an annoyance and there is no damage to the heart unless it happens 20% of the heartbeats.  Based on my 24-hour monitor -- i was at 2% of the heartbeats. 

doing a number on me psychologically, (which many of you know i can’t afford to go any crazier than i am now) makes me act like i have one foot in the grave. Doc keeps telling me to be active.  last visit, i asked her “if i’m filling out a form and it asks if i have heart disease what do i say?”  She said, “No. You don’t have heart disease -- we checked."

Carl didn’t you mention a family member having an ablation? did it permanently fix the problem? My doc hasn’t even mentioned that. Gave me some pills though. My last 24-hour monitor was perfectly normal.  I wish i was wearing one of the monitors this past weekend ... 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Your in our prayers my man....

Of course, good idea. Ok we can't say a prayer for you to be normal, that would be pushing it I think, but we can for better health, no problem. :lol:

•  
  •  
  • "Suspicion often creates what it suspects. " - C. S. Lewis -

Don't think that counts for this, trust the doctors, there still practicing so work with them.

Of course good luck to you and hope you get feeling better, don't stress, that can't help.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Carl didn’t you mention a family member having an ablation?

Let's see, at last recollection, 3 of my 4 brothers have had at least one.  Odds are it's in my future.  They aren't 100 percent effective but are the preferred method of treatment for Dr's checking accounts.

• Like 1

I had a relative have the ablation and like other have said it works but, may not be 100%.  There are extra pace makers throughout the heart and they can become active.  depending on where they are located depends on how fast the heart will go when they become irritated.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Gave me some pills though. My last 24-hour monitor was perfectly normal.

That's the first line of defense.  Most times your on meds even after an ablation.

The Dr is right, it's not a heart attack and it's not hurting you.  I'm certain it's working on your psyche though but don't worry about it........really.  It'll have to get a lot worse before they consider intervening surgically.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

That's the first line of defense.  Most times your on meds even after an ablation.

The Dr is right, it's not a heart attack and it's not hurting you.  I'm certain it's working on your psyche though but don't worry about it........really.  It'll have to get a lot worse before they consider intervening surgically.

Thanks Carl...and everyone.  Yes it has done a number on me (somewhat). Honestly, I’m not at all afraid to die -- over my lifetime, i’ve prayed for it more times than i can count. I do admit to subscribing to the Woody Allen philosophy --- he said, “I’m not afraid of dying, I just don’t want to be there when it happens."

I am in the same boat.  Not afraid to die, not sure about that, I have had so much fun in my 61 years of life and 41 years with my wife, but courage to die with civility, I am looking for that, as a secular person, I am falling into what is expected of all the others.  All your money want buy another minute.  The Doctors, they see people die all year long.  God luck and if you have as many people praying for you as I do, than we should not have anything to worry about.........doubt if I see 63.

1 hour ago, rummy said:

I am in the same boat.  Not afraid to die, not sure about that, I have had so much fun in my 61 years of life and 41 years with my wife, but courage to die with civility, I am looking for that, as a secular person, I am falling into what is expected of all the others.  All your money want buy another minute.  The Doctors, they see people die all year long.  God luck and if you have as many people praying for you as I do, than we should not have anything to worry about.........doubt if I see 63.

i hope you see 63, 73, 83, and 99.  My faith in Christ has removed the fear of death--how it will happen, well let’s just say I hope i sleep through it.

• Like 1

BSM,

Man, wishing you the best. Keep your head up. I had a gentle talk to by my doctor and it was enough to dedicate myself to lose 40lbs. I'm 12# into that 40 goal. Feel good so far don't miss the sugar. Unfortunately, I still have high cholesterol & blood sugar so it'll take me awhile turn this ship around. 

So keep step'n. Keep fighting & actively make healthy changes where you can where it'll be no skin off you if it disappeared. For me it was sugar. No biggie.

Prayers to you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

BSM,

Man, wishing you the best. Keep your head up. I had a gentle talk to by my doctor and it was enough to dedicate myself to lose 40lbs. I'm 12# into that 40 goal. Feel good so far don't miss the sugar. Unfortunately, I still have high cholesterol & blood sugar so it'll take me awhile turn this ship around. 

So keep step'n. Keep fighting & actively make healthy changes where you can where it'll be no skin off you if it disappeared. For me it was sugar. No biggie.

Prayers to you.

Thanks Dude.  Not into sugar, the only exception is a root beer at lunch because i’m anti-caffeine and most of the diet drinks at the local eateries have caffeine. i don’t eat meat.  My problem is carbs...love the potatoes, rice, and bread.  Currently at 212 pounds ... been down to 173; but, then started eating lunch and four years later, I’m back to 212. Stress is probably my biggest enemy.  Hope things aren’t too warm up in the capital...driving home today and my car was showing a temp of 103.  Now that’s Autumn weather.

Talk to me about carbs! Ayaaaa. I come from the islands and WE LOVE carbs and it's killing me to cut back. However,  I have substituted brown rice with white rice  and I now like the taste of the nutty brown rice .

The biggest change I've added was simply walking. I work nights and after dropping my daughter off at school I immediately go walking in the cool mornings 2-5 miles. No race and it seems to have helped my stress level too. In the evenings on the weekends, I go for a nightly walk also not as far, maybe a half mile around the block after dinner. 

Like I said, 

Keep on step'n.B)

• Like 1