KP 250 II's St. Louis, two pair

jimjimbo

Nice find! I think the II's sound better for home use than the originals which are very forward in the mid range, much like you'd expect from a PA speaker. The II's also use a 2" titanium mid driver that screws onto a Tractrix k-701 horn. The stock driver sounds ok but I found swapping a k-55 in place sounds a lot better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, pro Heresy that is ported so its a lot louder with higher sensitivity but less bass impact, really need a sub with these where a standard Heresy its more optional.

I see.. .says the blind man  :D  thanks for the info.

10 minutes ago, teaman said:

Nice deal on those. I really like my KP-250's.

yes, looks like a pretty nice deal on those.  sadly, methinks the WAF on the KP line would struggle for approval.  but nonetheless, an attractive deal for someone.

Just now, -js- said:

yes, looks like a pretty nice deal on those.  sadly, methinks the WAF on the KP line would struggle for approval.  but nonetheless, an attractive deal for someone.

Luckily my wife allows whatever in the hell I bring into the house. She knows I have an "illness"/ My KP-250's are set up in my bedroom which has all black furniture so they actually blend right in.

Tim

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teaman said:

Luckily my wife allows whatever in the hell I bring into the house. She knows I have an "illness"/ My KP-250's are set up in my bedroom which has all black furniture so they actually blend right in.

Tim

I hear ya Tim.  my GF is beginning to accept my 'illness', after watching me chase stuff around the area, watching CL etc all the time.  now, I feel like I give a little too - I'm trying to restrain myself for now to Heritage series, and until we find out for sure if we will move, to only those deals deemed "too good to pass up"  :huh:  but that in itself has inherent latitude... at least in my mind it does :ph34r:

John

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teaman said:

Luckily my wife allows whatever in the hell I bring into the house. She knows I have an "illness"/ My KP-250's are set up in my bedroom which has all black furniture so they actually blend right in. -Tim

Funny, I was thinking just the opposite in terms of looks.  OTOH I think those are exactly what I would want if I had small children or cats as those are nicely protected in the front by that steel grill.

Those are not pretty, but I see your point how they could blend in.  B)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, teaman said:

Sadly my KP-250 II are the white version.  Luckily, my wife is very unobservant, so I can often bring items in under the cover of darkness and she normally doesn't even notice.

If the money came out the of bank account, she would notice.  If it comes out of speaker funds, I am normally in the clear.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

Sadly my KP-250 II are the white version.  Luckily, my wife is very unobservant, so I can often bring items in under the cover of darkness and she normally doesn't even notice.

If the money came out the of bank account, she would notice.  If it comes out of speaker funds, I am normally in the clear.

Yaaaaa!  Get out of my head!!!!!!!!  :wacko:

I only gave your post one "Like" because I couldn't give you ten. Suffice it to say, I know what you mean.  B)

5 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

Sadly my KP-250 II are the white version. 

My KP362 are white with white grills <_< but they sound great 

5 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

Luckily, my wife is very unobservant, so I can often bring items in under the cover of darkness and she normally doesn't even notice.

Women train us men to believe that they are unobservant. In all reality it is us men who are clueless. :o

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Funny, I was thinking just the opposite in terms of looks.  OTOH I think those are exactly what I would want if I had small children or cats as those are nicely protected in the front by that steel grill.

Those are not pretty, but I see your point how they could blend in.  B)

This made me think of a warranty on a flashlight that i read several years ago.

This guarantee does not cover shark bite, bear attack or damage caused by children under five.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

GF?????  Get what you want and tell her it's a harbinger of things to come.  You'll find out if she's a keeper or not.

:unsure:  not sure if I'm going there

36 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Those are great garage speakers as well.

sounds like they are excellent speakers, hi performing, and rugged for moderate amounts of physical "abuse" on the cabs