best LR speaker for RC-52ii

shaunm

went to amazon.ca and saw klipsch rb51 mkii for $649!! wth canada! 

went to amazon.com and they have RB-61ii for $249 usa for pair. should i just ordere these? i can get them delivered to a usa address across the border and pick them up. I dont know how much tax and duty i have to pay for them or should i just get it delivered all the way here to canada but i think shipping will be expensive. 

31 minutes ago, shaunm said:

just wento canadian duty calculator and if the product is made in usa/canada/mexico i wont have to pay any duty. Anyone know where the klipsch RB-61ii made? china? 

Yes it is made in China.

Only RF-7II's and RC-64II are made in Hope.

Bill

thanks bill, i still remember you and some others here when i was posting 6 years ago. WoW looking at your system in each room. 

I think i fixed it now, i replaced the speaker wire on the left and so far half an hour still playing. Im trying to play some jazz music to see if there is any difference in the left and right speaker and so far i can't tell. Any other music or song you can recommend so i can test if the speaker has any damage? i can still return it but would rather not i like the sound and look of these speakers. 

55 minutes ago, shaunm said:

thanks bill, i still remember you and some others here when i was posting 6 years ago.  

Your welcome and glad to see you posting again.

How do you like your RF-63's?  Are they the fronts in your main theater system.  How is that RCX-4 hanging with the 63's?

Bill

i love the rf-63's using them for 2 channel music, dont have the rcx-4 anymore, im using Rf-62ii for LCR theater system. I was looking for another RF-63 on used market way back so i would use them for my main theater room but no one is selling any. I have never seen any used RF-63 here for sale.  

6 minutes ago, shaunm said:

i love the rf-63's using them for 2 channel music

Aren't they incredible in stereo?  Even though I have a sub(s) with my 63's, I often just listen to them in basic stereo and always come away with amazement.  They are just so refined and "accurate" with great punch.

9 minutes ago, shaunm said:

I was looking for another RF-63 on used market way back so i would use them for my main theater room but no one is selling any. I have never seen any used RF-63 here for sale.

Very rare do you see them on the used market here and elsewhere.  There must be something to that.

Bill

yes bill they are! you are right on with the "accurate punch" I even posted "wanted" on craigslist in my area no one has replied yet. I got the cherry pair for $1200 cdn when they were still selling them in stores. is Klipsch going to sell this or a new RF-63 again? 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, shaunm said:

went to amazon.com and they have RB-61ii for $249 usa for pair. should i just ordere these? i can get them delivered to a usa address across the border and pick them up. I dont know how much tax and duty i have to pay for them or should i just get it delivered all the way here to canada but i think shipping will be expensive. 

I owned the RB-61 several years ago....still regret selling them to this day.  They sound fantastic for a bookshelf speaker and really surprised me how much bass they have for a bookshelf speaker.  I actually prefer them over the RB-35 and RB-81ii  I used to have.  There was just something about them that sounded fantastic.  Only bookshelf that sounded better to my ears was the RB-75. 

If you could get the RB-61ii for say $100 more than what you paid for the damaged RB-51's, I would think that would be a good investment but that's just me.  If you love the sound of the RB-51's, just keep them. 

9 minutes ago, Youthman said:

If you could get the RB-61ii for say $100 more than what you paid for the damaged RB-51's, I would think that would be a good investment but that's just me.  If you love the sound of the RB-51's, just keep them. 

I like your use of the word "investment."  For the most part if you are going to get a set of speakers you are going to keep them for a period of years.  An extra hundred Loonies is only pennies a day for a substantial upgrade in sound.

Of course Scrappy will speak for himself, but I think in the past he has stated he thinks the 61 is a large and noticeable improvement over the 51.  Even though I have not heard either speaker I prefer the sound of woofers in the 6" to 7" range especially for mid-range, male and female voice.

arrrggg!!!! i was about to order the RB61 for $249 pair in amazon.com and i would just pick it up across the border but when i clicked checkout the price went back to $549!!!! ARRRGGGGG im so mad! i missed the sale in like seconds! I was so excited about the RB61 too. 

ok i just finished calling amazon and they said they can't not do anything with it because it is a "lighting" sale it comes and goes usually just last 24hours and it does not say when it will end. That just sucks, and i think one of my damaged speaker doesnt sound right. Been listening to them all night and morning. 

i just got home from work and i decided to return the rb51 mkii tomorrow. So i went to amazon.com and found another good deal that i had to grab before it ended too. I just ordered the klipsch RB-81 in cherry for $249 each. Black one was $279. I was going to post here and ask what you guys thought about it and if i should get a cherry or black but i was afraid i might miss on this deal too so i just ordered it. 

• Moderators

Very cool.  I owned the RB-81's once but they weren't what I needed for my room.  My living room is 15' x 25' with 12' ceilings and that room is open to the office, kitchen, breakfast area and dining room so that' s a ton of cubic feet for any bookshelf to try and fill.   I personally have always loved cherry and mahogany finishes but black is easier to coordinate with most rooms.  Cherry is beautiful!  I think you will love it.