best LR speaker for RC-52ii

shaunm

51 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Looks like the RT-10d was real wood veneer as well as the others.  Maybe that's why I liked them so much. :D

I assure you they are.  I also own the RSW10d in cherry(vinyl) and though the cherry vinyl is nice, it does not compare.

Image result for Klipsch RT-10d youthman

Bill

been reading a lot of owner reviews on this speaker and most of them says you don't need a subwoofer for music listening, is that true? how do this speaker compared to the new bookshelf speaker from klipsch like the RP series. 

when i get these I'm thinking of leaving them playing for like 20hrs each day at low volume to break them in for couple days. any good advice on how to break them in? or no need to break them in. 

thanks

• Moderators

Shaun you are stressing bro.  there will always be models that sound better than the speakers that you have.  if you're not careful you will chase a rabbit that is uncatchable.   The RB 81 are great speakers.  just in my large room they did not have enough bottom in for me.  I have owned RF3 and RF3ii and they are ok speakers.  You can buy them all the time for $150-$300.

• Moderators

I personally have never subscribed to the "break in".   Turn them on and crank them up I think the only thing that changes is your ears get used to the sound.   But that's just is debatable as fancy speaker cables .

as far as sub will for is concerned, I believe every system benefits from a sub woofer regardless of how big the woofers are

@Youthman thanks! your right there will always be better speaker. I like how you put it "uncatchable rabbit" :)

i trust your opinion on the RB81 especially with all the experience with all the speakers you have. I think thats it, i will just wait for them. I'll post pics and update once i get them. 

thanks for all your help guys! 

• Like 1

update: so i went in today to return the RB-51 speakers to the store and i told the manager that the speaker that was damaged did not sound "right". He says ok no problem. Then he says how about the new set? R15M. He offered me a deal on those too, for $299 for the pair. Regular price is $499. I looked at them and i remembered how someone here said that they were "synergy" line speakers. So are the R15M synergy line? the grill cover sure does look like it. The RB-51 looks and feels like it higher quality. 

3 minutes ago, shaunm said:

I looked at them and i remembered how someone here said that they were "synergy" line speakers. So are the R15M synergy line?

You tell me.

R 15 M Pair 2

Image result for Klipsch synergy bookshelf

They sure look similar, not sure if they sound alike.

Bill