How did the rf7 get its name?

Justus

• Moderators

7  had special significance to PWK, not sure if that is why RF-7 is "7" or not, but I will try to find  out.

The original lPWK logo has sound waves depicted and there are drawings in Paul's own hand of the initial mock up of that logo.  He chose to use 7 waves.

Jim has some documentation  on Paul's reasoning and thoughts behind the original logo, and IIRC, some discussion  on why he chose 7 waves.

I believe it may be Biblical.

However, that is why we have this section, so your can get the straight scoop.

Travis 

• Like 1

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

A biblical reference (no pun intended) may make sense, as 7 is supposed to be symbolic of perfection.

But,  also references to things like 7 years of famine (did he struggle from 47 to 54?  I bet he did), seven days in the wilderness, 7 days to create everything, plus a day to kick back and enjoy.

Seven major musical notes.  He played Coronet.

I know Jim has a definitive answer on that, not sure if he has one on the 7 and the RF.

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

A biblical reference (no pun intended) may make sense, as 7 is supposed to be symbolic of perfection.

P.S. I'm glad to see you in here.

Maybe you will consider doing your thesis (or dissertation, as appropriate) on something related to PWK or the museum.  To my knowledge you would be the first academic to have acess to the papers and archives that will be transfered to the museum.

Just a thought.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

You can't just explain 7 as a standalone choice. It has to correlate to the 3 and 5 series' as well.

3, 5, and 7 are ALSO prime numbers...something to think about??

Thinking about this situation reminds me of why the Mustang Shelby GT 350 got called "350".  The legend goes that: Carroll Shelby is said to have asked how many feet it was from where the first one made was sitting outside to the corner of the workshop. Phil Remington told him it was about 350 feet. So it was called a GT 350. And, since that was 100 more than any Ferrari being offered at the time, the number 350 was an even better choice.

17 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

P.S. I'm glad to see you in here.

Maybe you will consider doing your thesis (or dissertation, as appropriate) on something related to PWK or the museum.  To my knowledge you would be the first academic to have acess to the papers and archives that will be transfered to the museum.

Just a thought.

Sorry, I missed this.

I probably wouldn't fit in that track in my undergrad/grad schedule, as my focus right now is on socio-political/military history, and my concentration will be in Military History.

That being said, it's certainly something I'd consider post-graduate.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

...as my focus right now is on socio-political/military history, and my concentration will be in Military History.

That being said, it's certainly something I'd consider post-graduate.

Big-time military history guy here...give me a holler if you need anything for research...I may have some things you can use.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Then the RF-3 wouldn't make sense.

That was a guess of course.  Although it does hold true for the RF-5 which has a combined internal volume for a pair of approximately 5 cu. ft.  (but so does the RF-3, so that theory is debunked).

7 + 7 reasons:

The magic number 7, plus or minus 2 (Miller)

7 seas

7 hills of Rome

7 deadly sins

7th heaven

7/11

7 league boots

the 7 % solution

7th Voyage of Sinbad

7 days in a week

7 days of creation

7th day is the Sabbath, a day of rest, a Sabbatical leave is (often) a year of rest, coming (traditionally) every 7th year.

You should forgive your brother's transgressions 70 times 7 times.

Over the 7 hills, past the 7 falls, to the home of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs

• Like 2