NBS MM/MC Phono Jupiter Caps

A1UC

I am putting the NBS backup for sale , I pulled the sale of the NBS when I first listed it because I wanted to compare it to my Backert Labs Pre Amp costing $7500.00 .

After a few days of comparing these 2 preamps I was stunned that the NBS sounded better than the Backert , I couldn't wrap my head around this and it really bugged me .

I called OP Paul79 since we have the exact systems , except my speakers are better :)  and asked him if I sent him my Backert if he could give it a listen and he agreed .

Once Paul received the Backert it didn't take long and I got a call , he said your right the NBS is way better . I asked Paul what we could do to the Backert to try and get it at least as good   

as the NBS , Paul said let me roll some tubes and get back to you . After about a week we decided I would have Paul install a pair of Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil coupling caps. .

After the caps got installed Paul let it burn in for a week and called me back he said the Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil coupling caps made a nice improvement but it was still not a NBS 

but they are very close now , he liked certain things about both and that he could live with either one . I asked Paul if he had to pick one which it would be ? he said the NBS .

What I'm getting at is the NBS is that good , but the problem is I have the Backert listed and its not selling and I don't need 2 preamps and I don't need a phono section .

So I am relisting the NBS

The NBS will ship with the following tubes

(1) Sovtek 6H30PI

(1) Sovtek 5AR4

(1) JJ ECC83-S / 12AX7

(2) CSF 12AT7WA

No longer for sale

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

FullSizeRenderSADD.jpg