Rf7, rc7, rs7 - ebay

calhockey10

Suuuuuuuure it is.........................something smells...

Oh, in case any of you are bummed about missing this "amazing deal"...try this better deal in St. Louis:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/5823687359.html

Pair of RF-7's, an RC-7, four RS-3's, an RSW-12 a projector, screen, a power amp, a Denon 7 Channel AVR, mounts, and wires...for $4K.  Now THAT is a deal...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IbizaFlame said:

Suuuuuuuure it is.........................something smells...

Oh, in case any of you are bummed about missing this "amazing deal"...try this better deal in St. Louis:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/5823687359.html

Pair of RF-7's, an RC-7, four RS-3's, an RSW-12 a projector, screen, a power amp, a Denon 7 Channel AVR, mounts, and wires...for $4K.  Now THAT is a deal...

I doubt that he and the STL seller could work a shipping deal quite as nice as he could with the ebay 'seller'

Maybe this guy wasn't telling the truth after all?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/klipsch-RS-7-Surround-Speakers-/201705790044?hash=item2ef69a1a5c:g:zrMAAOSwx2dYGKp8

"I bought a set of older klipsch speakers on ebay (two RF-7s, one RC-7, and two RS-7s) They were sold as new (sitting in the boxes for a decade.)

They clearly had not as they had a decade of dust and filth built up on them and their packaging (I through away the original klipsch bags on the inside as they were filthy, and I used clean large garbage bags) and had scratches, and dings in the woofers etc. (no ding in these RS-7 woofers, these were from a different seller)  I spent an enter day cleaning both the speakers and the packaging material.

Just because you keep the original packaging doesn't mean you can sell it as new! I got screwed. but returning two rf-7 and the rc-7 would cost alot in shipping and be a pain and I do want the RS-7s, so im going to clean, document all issiues (verifying that all drivers work) and resell these as USED. Which is what the first seller should have done if he was honest." 

Damn, he's going to take a huge hit if he resells all this stuff as used. He just listed the RF-7's and shows a picture of the crossovers, I don't know if they have been modified or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/klipsch-RF-7-Floor-Standing-Speakers/201706013632?_trksid=p5411.c100167.m2940&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140131123730%26meid%3D1c4c4f7e75184370810a7f009bb2e468%26pid%3D100167%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D201705790044

rf 7 crossover.jpg

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I don't know if they have been modified or not?

To me it looks like the crossovers have been upgraded.

Here was my stock RF-7ii Crossovers

Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-5.jpg

Compare that to the DeanG Crossovers.  You will see the same black component in the seller's ad.

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-1

• Moderators

I reached out to the new Ebay Seller

Wow Nicolas, I'm sorry to hear about the deal with the previous seller. We were all discussing it in the Klipsch forum. He tried to sell them in the Klipsch Garage Sale and when we began asking questions because things didn't line up, he got defensive. Here is a link to the thread. Again....truly sorry you got burned.

His reply

ya, i saw that thread a while ago.

you guys were right. well they do seem to have those fancy crossovers, but they were not new, he just had kept the packaging.

ah well, lesson learned.

I truly feel bad for the guy.  I asked him if he could file a complaint with Paypal to try and get some of his money back since he basically got scammed.