Cornwall upgrade

Stevenbarnes1

Morning everyone 

i currently own a pair of circa 1972 Cornwalls with the vertical metal horns, I play a lot of LOUD classic rock. Upgraded to the Crites woofer, B&C de10-8 tweeter and new k-55-V drivers from bob. Also did the type B crossover. Happy with the lows & highs, just feel like the mid driver is lacking. I'm thinking - new motor board from bob & go 2 in, (cornscala) does the board in my corns come out with no damage ?? Is new board same size ?? They're in nice shape, would like to keep them that way. Plan B - buy a 2in. Horn & driver ( thinking of selenium d-408 Ti,) and just set it on top of the corn, maybe build a separate box. Plan C - stick with original set up and try the A-55 G 1 inch replacement from bob ?? Is there a better horn available that would fit the Cornwall ?  I assume I'd need to buy new cross overs if I went the 2 in. route ? This would be much easier if I were made of money !! I have an insulated 12' by 24' room with an 8 ft ceiling. Current equipment is a pioneer sc-63 receiver, pair of e motiva 250 watt amps, oppo bd 105, an SVS sub, circa 1971 heresy's in the rear and a pair of ess amt 1 b's in the front corners while the cornwalls are deciding what they want to do !! Any advice of suggestions most appreciated !!