Cheap Cornwalls across the water from Detroit

efzauner

Only half an hour from me, only problem I worry about is crossing the border with them. You never know if they are going to charge you a ton of duties on them....especially if they go off of a blue book value of what a comparable speaker sells for now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teaman said:

Only half an hour from me, only problem I worry about is crossing the border with them. You never know if they are going to charge you a ton of duties on them....especially if they go off of a blue book value of what a comparable speaker sells for now

Who are "they"?

US Customs. When you cross back into the US from Canada you have to declare anything you are bringing back. They can be huge pricks on the US side. Back in the day my friends and I used to go from Windsor to Dearborn Michigan to buy CDs because they were at least half price on the US side. One time the customs officer pulled us in and charged us duty on every single CD we had in the car even though we declared them. I think we paid like $4 duty for each disc we had in our possession....which defeated the purpose of buying them stateside. You never know who you might get and if they are nice and understanding or not.They can tear your car apart if they want to and there is nothing you can do about it. Back then I had long hair and drove a Camaro...I was like a shit magnet to those guys. Every time over they searched my car for drugs because I fit the mold of what they thought a druggie looked like. Funny, I have never done a drug in my life and I still went through hell because of my looks.

Tim

On 10/23/2016 at 6:18 PM, teaman said:

these are made in the USA anyway.. there should not be any duites.  There are hardly any duties at all left on us-canada stuff.. thanks to Nafta!