1984 Heresy Redo

longdrive03

•  
  • longdrive03
  • Members
  • 444 posts

These were originally birch plywood with exposed layer plywood cabinets.  After sanding smooth and cutting out the corner trim notches I installed quartered figured eucalyptus veneer and solid teak corner trim and install side to side and back internal bracing and made new slanted risers with matching veneer.  I installed neo magnets under the front board veneer and made new 1/2" grill frames and installed banana plug terminals.    Redid the E2 xovers with Solen 400VDC caps and bypass cap on parallel woofer cap.  First time using this veneer and I'm spraying with satin lacquer and rub down with finishing wax.  I listed the redo/build thread in technical modification forum.

Also has matching 2" angled risers which are not screwed into the speaker bottoms.  Will finish the grill frame tonight which uses neo magnets for attachment and post soon.  Shipping is extra.  Thanks.

$625.00 to forum members .  

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4278.JPG

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG

• Like 1

SOLD!!!!!!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!! I appreciate it.  Just sold them to a forum member.

I've got one more set of cabinets and tweeters but need some K22 woofers, mid drivers and crossovers to get a complete set.  I used the woofers and crossover for a larger Heresy build for a forum member in Chicago.   Need to decide what veneer to use this time.  Maybe quartered figured etimoe, birdseye maple, rosewood or something else???   

Love doing the redos and building from scratch

• Like 1