Cubs and Indians

JJkizak

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

To let a disgraced drug addict throw out the first pitch would be a huge and unnecessary distraction from the most interesting World Series game in decades.

Why?  Start off with a disgraced drug attic and finish off with wife choking domestic abuser.  It's the American way!

• Like 1

Let's continue the stigma we attach to people who make mistakes such as getting addicted to drugs.  Meanwhile lets elevate people who take advantage and abuse others, as long as they don't do drugs.  Best of all, let's all come together en masse and drink alcohol to excess while denigrating one and elevating the other.

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Let's continue the stigma we attach to people who make mistakes such as getting addicted to drugs.  Meanwhile lets elevate people who take advantage and abuse others, as long as they don't do drugs.  Best of all, let's all come together en masse and drink alcohol to excess while denigrating one and elevating the other.

That sounds like my kind of party.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Respectfully disagree.  To let a disgraced drug addict throw out the first pitch would be a huge and unnecessary distraction from the most interesting World Series game in decades.

Find an honored former Indian player or fan to throw out the first pitch.  You never have to second-guess going first class.

Let the game be the main attraction.

I don't think for the average American, it really makes a difference.  Most people just don't care and will choose who they like or don't like.  Throwing out the opening ball is not going to take anything away from the game.  I think Pete Rose and Arod would agree.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

And while we're at it, we can get Roseanne to sing the National Anthem.  They should let me organize these events.

I heard you were going to be the master martini mixer for whoever wins (Cleveland) until they heard it's 100 shakes per drink. Can you make a batch and shake it 100 times? Say 25 gallons?

Mark

2 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Can you make a batch and shake it 100 times? Say 25 gallons?

One at a time.  I will not compromise my slushies.

All kidding aside, I think I did over a gallon and a half of them in Hope last time.  One at a time.........

11 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

I don't think for the average American, it really makes a difference.  Most people just don't care and will choose who they like or don't like.  Throwing out the opening ball is not going to take anything away from the game.  I think Pete Rose and Arod would agree.

The only people who care seems to be the ones that view baseball as a religion.  It's just entertainment, not something holy.  If people cared about ex drug addicts being involved in wholesome family entertainment, they'd boycott Curious George because ex-druggie Drew Barrymore voiced part of it.  No kid could ever watch IronMan because ex-druggie Robert Downey Jr. stars in it.  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or Pirates of the Caribbean?  No way, that ex-alcoholic Johnny Depp is in it.  Spiderman?  Oh my gosh no, Kristen Dunst has been caught with drugs multiple times and has been in and out of rehab.  

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Let's continue the stigma we attach to people who make mistakes such as getting addicted to drugs. 

Yeah, I'm with you!!!  :emotion-21:

Let's forget about the coke, the HIV, the womanizing, the alcoholism, let's focus on what's important at tonight's baseball game:

Charlie-Sheens-Winning-Face_o_116791.jpg

1 minute ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

The only people who care seems to be the ones that view baseball as a religion.  It's just entertainment, not something holy.  If people cared about drug addicts being involved in wholesome family entertainment, they'd boycott Curious George because ex-druggie Drew Barrymore voiced part of it.  No kid could ever watch IronMan because ex-druggie Robert Downey Jr. stars in it.  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or Pirates of the Caribbean?  No way, that ex-alcoholic Johnny Depp is in it.  Spiderman?  Oh my gosh no, Kristen Dunst has been caught with drugs multiple times and has been in and out of rehab.  

How is Johnny Depp an ex alchoholic? LOL, just wondering

Mark

• Like 1