Cubs and Indians

JJkizak

7 hours ago, USNRET said:

As I stated early on, I wanted it to be interesting. Here we b

I thought you were one of the ones that wanted to call it a game.

No, I didn't watch past the tarp roll out.  Yes, I slept really, really good.  5:25 A.M. comes early around here.  I knew Mike and Mike would recap this morning but hey, I watched 4 more hours of baseball this year than I did last year.

• Like 1

Just now, dtel said:

I don't usually watch baseball except the series, this last game was the best game I have ever seen, considering I usually fall asleep watching it's so slow. 

Congratulations Cubs

dtel - me too.  the 162 game season is too much for me.  not that I'm getting old, bore more easily, or anything like that.  I've always enjoyed the sport, especially the post season.  game last night was surely one of the best I've seen in a while.

on a related note - I read back about 10 pages this thread of posts during the game last night, and saw where Dave seemed to be having some issues.  I looked at who's online so far today, and he was not on the list.

@Mallette - hope you're doing better today, and have things under control.

• Like 1

Thanks, @-js-  I was SO worn out after the extreme blood sugar and all the excitement I fell asleep.  Woke up at 39...but the key part is woke up!  Anyway, glass of just and I am good.  Changed out my pump insert so all is well.  Such failures are rare, couple of times per year, and I usually catch them sooner.  Something of a fluke...but all good now. 

Dave

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mallette said:

Thanks, @-js-  I was SO worn out after the extreme blood sugar and all the excitement I fell asleep.  Woke up at 39...but the key part is woke up!  Anyway, glass of just and I am good.  Changed out my pump insert so all is well.  Such failures are rare, couple of times per year, and I usually catch them sooner.  Something of a fluke...but all good now. 

Dave

wow.  I'm sure you were just... almost beyond worn out.  and yes - yay! to the waking up part.  glad to hear doing better today.  that's great!

The Cleveland News just stated that there were more Cub fans at the Cleveland stadium than Indians fans because the season ticket holders got 8 tickets for 200 dollars each and sold them to the Cubs fans for 2000 dollars each. The news is making a pretty big deal out of this.

JJK

I've got racquetball in 2 hours (at 7a).  :cool:

I've been trying to lose a little weight lately.  Well, it's working.  I woke up at 4 am starving.  I was literally too hungry to sleep my stomach hurt so bad.  I was dreaming about eating food in my sleep.

So I got up and fixed a couple of eggs.  I'd rather go back to bed, but like I said, racquetball! 

+++

I could be wrong but it's 4am in Michigan as well, so what's your story, Neil?  And don't tell us your wife woke you up because she needed you.  :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I've been trying to lose a little weight lately.  Well, it's working.  I woke up at 4 am starving.  I was literally too hungry to sleep my stomach hurt so bad.  I was dreaming about eating food in my sleep.

That's my story too, except the part about racquetball. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Is there any information on how big the TV audience was?

Yes, that game 7 scored a 25.2 rating which means 40 million households watching = 1/4 of all US tvs. Highest viewership in 25 years. It's also interesting that 71% of Chicago TVs were watching the game.