KHorns in Vegas $1500 Buy It Now on Ebay

teaman

55 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Why are these not sold? ! ? You west coast guys are slackers. These would never last this long in New England.

Well, apparently because according to a supposed expert on the left coast market, Khorns, La Scala's, etc, etc, etc, are a dime-a-dozen.....So, why bother?

38 minutes ago, Lost240 said:

Well I retracted my offer. I looked at the old pictures from the last listing and it looked like there was an awful lot of mold that was removed in the new pics. Who knows what's growing inside the bass bin. On to the next one 

Are you sure about that?  I studied the pics more closely and I see your point about the mold, and I saw a couple of issues around the bottom that would knock from from the "pristine" level, but they still look pretty good.

Even at the $1400 level you should be able to buy them and sell them next week for $1,000 more.

How far would you have to go to get them?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Schu said:

Not in the market right this second. Even at 1500. 

At $1400 I see them as a flipper's dream.

Is the speaker market in LV that weak, Shu?  I know Las Vegas went through a depression probably 10 years ago the rest of the nation did not experience.  I still think they can be sold fairly fast at the $2500 level.

These are not worth anywhere near $2500.  Look at the first pic.  The top hat is warped on the left side.  These speakers had some sort of water damage.  They also have a bad finish.  Too much work.  If I really needed a set of K Horns and was willing to refinish and repair water damage, then I guess maybe, but these are just not worth the effort. 

• Like 2

I would get them, but I was really disappointed when I missed the opportunity to own that last local pair a  couple months ago with cane grills... specially since going thru two horrible experiences with my shipping damaged la scalas and heresys.

Thankfully both pair sound great even though they are ugly... right now I am saving up for a nice tube amp.

Pickings of nice audio items is somewhat soft here... I have not had one response for my rc64 on craigslist.

Is this a third listing by the same seller?  The pic sure looks the same speakers in front of the same storage unit.  These sold for $1600 a week ago 10/21.  There has to be a story here somewhere.  :unsure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Klipschorn-Vintage-Speakers-Excellent-Working-Matching-Serial-Numbers-/322294966942?hash=item4b0a46ea9e:g:Cl8AAOSwYIxYArK~

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Is this a third listing by the same seller?  The pic sure looks the same speakers in front of the same storage unit.  These sold for $1600 a week ago 10/21.  There has to be a story here somewhere.  :unsure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Klipschorn-Vintage-Speakers-Excellent-Working-Matching-Serial-Numbers-/322294966942?hash=item4b0a46ea9e:g:Cl8AAOSwYIxYArK~

You never know, somebody could have used buy it now with the thought in mind that actual shipping was $1. I have seen people back out of deals because of that stuff before.