Audio Lab Consort AL 40 speakers

dtr20

Has anyone ever heard of these speakers? It has a 10" woofer, a 10" passive radiator, 3" mid-range, and a 1" dome tweeter. II know they were made in Poland, that's pretty much it. I'm in the process of repairing/restoring a pair of them. I have no clue how they sound, I'm refoaming the edges of the woofers. Also, if anyone has a clue to an approximate value, that would be awesome. Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Those loudspeakers are one of most popular speakers made in Poland i 70's/80/s. Those were first polish speakers made in "hi-fi". 

You can find a lot of information using polish name - Unitra ZG40c ("ZG" means "Zestaw Głośnikowy" which means "Loudspeakers set" :) ) 40 Watts, version "c") - typing in google polish name of them, you will find A LOT of informations.

Woofer is GDN25/40/x (GDN - Głośnik Dynamiczny Niskotonowy = Dynamic Woofer Loudspeaker, 25 cm diameter, 40 W, x Ohm) 

mid - GD12/15/x (Głośnik Dynamiczny = Dynamic Loudspeaker, 12 cm diameter, 15 W/x Ohm)

twitter - GDWK9/40/x (Głośnik Dynamiczny Wysokotonowy Kopułkowy = Dynamic Loudspeaker Twitter Dome 9 cm diameter, 40 W, x Ohm)

GDN25/40 firsty were on Pioneer license, then it was Unitra TONSIL.

Good polish loudspeakers from 70's/80's. 

Edited by eska
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2016 at 9:31 PM, dtel said:

I guess no one heard them.

Probably sound fine, a little laid back if anything. I would have thought with the 10" driver and passive it would have went a little lower than 40.

Not surprised at that... My JBL 4311 speakers (pro version of their Century L100), had a ported 12, and were rated to 45hz. Still have lower bass than my Heresy IIs, although not as tight.

Bruce