appreciate your recommendation/suggestion

nealt

I have a Yamaha (btw good day)Rx-V581. I have a pair of R-28F, Pair of R-15M , R-25C R , R-12SW. Am I good to go , or do I need to upgrade my Receiver? Also I didn't see any jumpers (assuming they need to be a solid strip with no breaks connecting both posts. Each post there is an independent piece of metal ant the base of ea. post and that is it. All suggestions are appreciated.

Neal

Use high quality wire between terminals for the jumpers.

As far as the receiver, what you have will work fine but as you go up the food chain, you will find out how much better sound can be from a better quality front end and amplifiers.  This will especially show with smoother highs and much better bass if you run your R-28f full range, which they are definitely capable of handling.

Unfortunately, your Yamaha lacks the requisite pre-outs to integrate the R15PM with the rest in a 5.1 configuration.  You need an AVR or AV pre that has those.  Since a different AVR would set you back considerably with no huge performance gains (aside from being able to incorporate the powered monitors), it may make more sense to just use them as a secondary two channel system.  Plus, the R15PM come in master/slave pairs, and I don't think Klipsch sells the masters (the ones with the amps) individually.  And were you to get a new AVR to accommodate this, you would be duplicating features you're paying for in the powered monitors (all the inputs and flexibility features like remote control). 

Thanks for confirming my train of thought.....I asked the purchasing agent why the R15's were included when promoting the speakers at "5.1 surround"? The reply: " This is what the Sales rep at Klipsch recommended for a stunning 5.1 surround sound. hmmmm.  Thinking in the moment I an at the same crossroad with my Sony STR K-7000, Yamaha YST-SW012, 2 Bose, 2 JBL Samsung 5 series and Dell self upgraded desk top with NVidia's GTX 1070 Card.  No room here for them either, looks like a Xmass present for some lucky soul.

Again I appreciate your response! Be well,

Neal