carver mono blocks

nd-irish147

14 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

Blah, price went up to 950. Not cool. 

I don't like it when people up the price.

until a deal is made,  the asking price is allowed  to change, IMHO. 

No buyer gets upset when the price goes down. the only person  I would be upset at is myself for not jumping when it was offered for less. if there is an agreed price and a deal made, then a price increase = not cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Weber said:

I don't like it when people up the price.

until a deal is made,  the asking price is allowed  to change, IMHO. 

No buyer gets upset when the price goes down. the only person  I would be upset at is myself for not jumping when it was offered for less. if there is an agreed price and a deal made, then a price increase = not cool.

I was supposed to go buy a pair of Snell type j speakers yesterday with an older Harman kardon avr receiver and CD player. I was a couple off hours from getting out of work to go pick them up and they texted me that they received an overwhelming amount of calls on the speakers that they are raising the price to $300 for everything. These things were from the 70s. Most likely, the woofers needed to be refoamed, and the cabinets needed some restoration work. If you got these to mint condition, everything might be worth close to $300 if you sold on eBay separately. I texted back, I will not work with people who do that, it's bad salesmanship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I was supposed to go buy a pair of Snell type j speakers yesterday with an older Harman kardon avr receiver and CD player. I was a couple off hours from getting out of work to go pick them up and they texted me that they received an overwhelming amount of calls on the speakers that they are raising the price to $300 for everything. These things were from the 70s. Most likely, the woofers needed to be refoamed, and the cabinets needed some restoration work. If you got these to mint condition, everything might be worth close to $300 if you sold on eBay separately. I texted back, I will not work with people who do that, it's bad salesmanship.

I agree that case is bad. If a deal is made, then it should be honored. The last pair of Forte that i sold, I offered them here for less than my CL ad. Although my phone blew up from the CL ad with offers of more and immediate money, I made an agreement with a forum member...and now he's enjoying them. I think most all of us on here are honorable.   

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 9:43 PM, Ceptorman said:

I'm in Indy Mark if you need an eye on these amps. They do look very sinister.

Thanks my man;)

But I'm going to have to pass on just about everything for the next few months....most likely even to next year......The JBL's and active x-over has ate up all of my audio purchase's for some time to come.... I could buy em and flip em.... but I know they wouldn't leave the house lol lol...

Even at $950 that's still a killer deal for sure.... but I don't agree with changing the price a 100 bucks more, I guess the seller can do what they want....

MKP :-) 

• Like 2