Center Channel Help!!

gimes

I'm currently running RF-7II fronts with Atmos Elevation speakers on top of those and an SVS sub. All running off a Marantz SR5010. I'm looking to add a center channel.

Is the RP-450CA vastly different from say, the RP-450C?? If the Atmos Elevations can be used as normal rear surrounds, can the Atmos center also be used normal center? I feel like I'm asking really dumb questions here, but I've found myself stuck between committing to an Atmos setup and still wanting to have the flexibility to use my gear however makes sense for the room.

Does it make sense to have my setup as is, with the addition of a center but without rear surrounds? I'm tempted to just buy an RP-250C and use the Elevations as rears. Any insight would be appreciated as I don't have a whole lot of depth to my Atmos knowledge. Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

Dont use a center unless its a matching one. So like a rc-64ii or a 3rd rf-7ii. Anything else imo would be -. 

If this is a living room setup without an AT screen, I agree your best option would be the RC-64II.

Bill

• Like 1

Yep rc-64ii only way to go. And to answer your question the 450c and 450ca are EXACTLY the same speaker. A version was 100$ more to compensate being done in real wood veneer to match the older atmos towers. New atmos towers are vinyl wrapped so they only had to have one center. It was confusing people. Obviously lol. 

So yeah 64ii. Don't get a reference premiere center. 

Ok, thanks fellas. Pretty unanimous response so far, thats good to hear. I was focusing on matching the elevation speakers to the center, and didn't think about the fronts. Thats why these forums are so valuable!

5 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

Yep rc-64ii only way to go. And to answer your question the 450c and 450ca are EXACTLY the same speaker. A version was 100$ more to compensate being done in real wood veneer to match the older atmos towers. New atmos towers are vinyl wrapped so they only had to have one center. It was confusing people. Obviously lol. 

So yeah 64ii. Don't get a reference premiere center. 

What about an RC-62II?

7 hours ago, gimes said:

What about an RC-62II?

If you wanna sacrifice then sure. Vinyl wrapped once again vs REAL wood to match your rf-7ii plus a tiny (in comparison) 1" titanium TWEETER vs a 1.75" titanium COMPRESSION DRIVER. There's your biggest difference. Plus it's the match to your rf-7ii. Get what matches. You'll be happier in the long run. Buy once cry once. 

2 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

If you wanna sacrifice then sure. Vinyl wrapped once again vs REAL wood to match your rf-7ii plus a tiny (in comparison) 1" titanium TWEETER vs a 1.75" titanium COMPRESSION DRIVER. There's your biggest difference. Plus it's the match to your rf-7ii. Get what matches. You'll be happier in the long run. Buy once cry once. 

I looked into it more and already decided on the 64II. Now to find the right one.

• Like 1