Mystery Klipsch Speakers

BamaMike

I grabbed this pic off of a FB group I am in. Apparently these are for sale. Seller claims they are modified La Scalas. LOL Not sure where they are just wanted to share the pic. I'm guessing someone stuck a PWK badge on these. Sorry I don't know more but thought I would share in hopes of getting more info for the guy who is going to look at them. Asking price is $2500!

Mystery PWK.jpg

On November 1, 2016 at 8:11 AM, dtr20 said:

What do you think about cornwall verticals? 

I'd love a pair, but what has that to do with these?  Cornwalls, vertical or otherwise, they are not.

EDIT 11/02/16:

I was wrong.  See post below with eBay link.

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

I'd love a pair, but what has that to do with these?  Cornwalls, vertical or otherwise, they are not.

I can't tell the overall size of these, but the custom grills would match cornwall verticals

• Like 1

HERE is the straight up truth...when I worked at Klipsch, a number of people would just scarf up some of the emblems and slap them on projects they built for themselves or for friends.  VERY SELDOM did these products have a thing to do with stuff manufactured by the company, unless some purloined drivers were also involved.  It had gotten to a point that the company was complaining about the logos dwindling even though they knew they SHOULD have enough around.  People had them glued to dashboards of cars, the car stereo speaker grilles...almost anything you could imagine!  When Klipsch went to the rectangular copper-toned logo, lots of employees scarfed up the pie-slice logo emblems for future use on Klipsch speakers they hadn't bought yet...just because they liked the "pie-slice" logo better than the newer logo  So the emblems don't mean much, and neither does a photo of something totally unidentifiable by what can be seen IN the photo.  Simply put, more info is needed than what has been supplied for the above-pictured pair of "SOMETHINGS".

• Like 1

Hey, I extensively modified a Peavey mixer, totally changed the look of the LED output ladders, and then slapped a Yamaha logo over the Peavey logo.

Everyone had to ask what the heck was it.

It ended up sounding better than a friend's $25K Neotek mixing console (made him tear into it for some upgrades too).

I must confess I used a Klipsch copper logo from the late 70's as a ground buss in a Hafler DH500 amplifier, but never on a non-Klipsch loudspeaker.

1 hour ago, BamaMike said:

I've tried to follow up but the guy that shared the image has not responded. Apparently these are at one of those large indoor flea market places in a "booth". When and IF I hear back, I'll let you know what he says.

Exactly what city and state are these located in?  Just curious.