How do I properly wall-mount Quintet IV speakers?

Kyldh

Hello,

This is probably a silly question for a Home Theater pro, but I'm new to wall-mounting speakers and running wire through walls. Basically, I'm building a new house and before the walls are dry-walled, I plan to run speaker cable. I have a set of Quintet IV speakers and plan to wall-mount them.

For the front and surround speakers...

I know the base also doubles as a wall-mount, but what's the best way to terminate the wire on the wall? Is there some kind of recessed plate that the speaker can be hung over top of after it's connected? I'd rather not just have a loose wire hanging out of the wall. I'd like a permanent and clean-looking setup. 

I'm searching all over the web but I haven't seen anything to answer this question. If anyone has pictures of how they did it, I'd appreciate it!

For the center speaker...

I plan to probably just sit this on a media cabinet below the TV. Anyone have a better idea that I should consider?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, Youthman said:

I used these speaker wall plates for my surrounds for a clean install

Thanks for the reply!

So am I understanding correctly that with this wall-plate, you basically have the plate visible on the wall and mount the speaker next to it?

That would certainly work and look nice, but I was hoping to find a plate that my speaker would be able to hang over and cover up so that in the end, all you see is the speaker. Maybe nothing like that exists though? OR maybe I'm just not understanding how the plate that you suggested is meant to be implemented?

I uploaded an image I found on Google to show what I'm trying to accomplish.

DSC03441.jpg

Edited by Kyldh

• Moderators

Miss the way you describe it is correct that's how I had mine set up except I had large bookshelf speakers that hit the wall plate directly behind the speaker.

it seems like you found exactly what you were looking for when you search for Google images instead of clicking on the image click the link that says "visit website" and they may be able to find out where to buy that exact mount

• Moderators

So I did some quick detective work....

The image you upload had a file name of DSC03441.jpg so I googled DSC03441.jpg and speaker and found the image and clicked on "Visit Page" and it took me to this thread.

I didn't see where he mentioned where he bought the mount so I googled quintet speaker mount and found this image which suggests that the quintet came with the mount already installed and all he did was drill a hole in the mounting plate. 

37216823.jpg

It looks like depending on which model you have will determine what type of bass you have

K55-1132-call09-pact.jpg

Oh ok, I see what you mean. Definitely easier to use a nice wall plate and hide it with your speaker. 

I do have the speaker on the bottom image that already has a hole in the base so I suppose my best, and maybe only "clean" option, would be to run the cable out of the wall, through the base of the speaker, and connect it to the speaker. I was just hoping there would be some kind of recessed plate I could use instead of just running the wire out of a hole in the wall. 

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Edited by Kyldh

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

I'm not sure I'm following the logic.  

If you went with a recessed speaker connector, you would be putting the base of the speaker over it (which probably wouldn't cover it entirely.

True. I guess I had just assumed that there must be some kind of little recessed plate that the speaker would be mounted over top of. I've always had my speakers on stands, so this is my first time wall-mounting and figured "there must be a more 'correct' way to terminate this cable so it's not just hanging out of a hole in the wall". I figured that people must be installing some kind of recessed plate but, with the type of speaker I'm using at least, just running the cable out of a hole drilled in the wall is probably the best/only option. 

• 2 years later...

Hello! Mind if I bring this thread back to life? Kyldh, you're no longer a newbie. How did things work out for you? I've had a Quintet IV 5.1 system for years and had the front and rears mounted on bookshelves previously. Have since moved and am looking to mount the rears on the wall or ceiling. I'm not as concerned about the appearance of speaker wire coming out of the wall, so much as, where and how to actually mount them. My preference is to mount the rears on the ceiling. I've located the studs, so in my mind, it'll be secure. Any thoughts are appreciated.