Center channel made in USA?

Fido

2 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

I used my RC-64II with my fortes with great results. Now I'm using it with Chorus II and it blends perfectly.

I second that, The 64 II would be my choice for a current model center speaker, blends very well with the forte and Chorus models.

34 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

I used my RC-64II with my fortes with great results. Now I'm using it with Chorus II and it blends perfectly.

30 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I second that, The 64 II would be my choice for a current model center speaker, blends very well with the forte and Chorus models.

You guys must be tone deaf!  That center would stick out like a sore thumb with soundtrack pans across the front stage.  Wrong, just wrong.  How about recommending the correct timbre' matched center to use with Forte's, another Forte' or an Academy.

• Moderators

I too would think the RC 64 II  would have an entirely different sound than the heritage. I have never been impressed with this sound of the Academy which is why I recommended a heresy as they are pretty easy to come by especially in the used market. I'm not sure, is the Academy built in the USA?

53 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

You guys must be tone deaf!  That center would stick out like a sore thumb with soundtrack pans across the front stage.  Wrong, just wrong.  How about recommending the correct timbre' matched center to use with Forte's, another Forte' or an Academy.

Have you used the two together? They blend very well together in movies - and during music panning, it is quite close.

As a musician for 28 years, as well as having perfect pitch, I wouldn't consider myself tone deaf.

• Like 2

The Academy sucks as a center, there, I said it. :blink:  Another forte is likely unrealistic as most people do not have the room for a third tower speaker.

Yes, it may be hard to believe but the RC-64 II and RC-7 match up very well with the forte and Chorus models, I'm running that set up now (with the RC-7 and forte II's) and it's seem-less with movies and TV. I always switch my processor setting to 2 channel stereo when listening to music so it doesn't have to blend for me but I'm sure it would work just fine for that too.

Anyway, the OP asked for a CURRENT model, they haven't made the forte or academy for many years so they are out, sorry.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

The Academy sucks as a center, there, I said it.

My feelings exactly...I was just trying to say it nicely.  LOL

Anyway, the OP asked for a CURRENT model

Heresy is a current model...well technically the Version III is.

I haven't had any problems with my Academy as a center. I think the KLF-C7 is a better sounding speaker over all but not a blow out by any means. I would imagine the Academy sounding better paired with Heritage than the RC-64, but maybe I am wrong.

6 hours ago, teaman said:

I haven't had any problems with my Academy as a center. I think the KLF-C7 is a better sounding speaker over all but not a blow out by any means. I would imagine the Academy sounding better paired with Heritage than the RC-64, but maybe I am wrong.

I've had several Academy centers and KLF centers and just like you think the KLF is only a little better but better. The KV-4 beats both of those in my opinion and the RC-7 bests the KV-4. The 64 II is very similar to the RC-7 but without the bass. I've tried them all several times not being happy with the prescribed Academy. Right now I've very happy with the RC-7 and forte II combo, they blend perfectly. I would think if you had never heard a RC-7 or RC-64 II and compared one to your Academy you'd be floored by the difference.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would think if you had never heard a RC-7 or RC-64 II and compared one to your Academy you'd be floored by the difference.

I have owned 3 Academy's at the same time to try as an LCR....I just wasn't impressed at all.

Academy6.jpg

I also had the KLF C7....it was ok but still not as impressive as my RC-64ii.

Klipsch-KLF-30-Wide

The RC-7 is an incredible speaker for sure and still own the RC-64ii.  IMO, both of them sound much better than the Academy or the KLF C7.

Klipsch-RC-7-5.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-83-RC-65ii.jpg

Good to know. I have not had a chance to hear the RC-64 so I cannot comment on that, actually I have only briefly heard a RC-7 in a friend's system...so I am definitely no knocking them. Just saying in my set ups the KLF-C7 and Academy which I have set up now do a good job. I will keep an eye out for one to come up for sale in my neck of the woods

Tim