Klipsch surrounds rs-64II vs palladium p27s is there much difference

pdawidowski

19 minutes ago, pdawidowski said:

i have just bought the center :) it landed in Uk today delivery thursday  , friday  :) 

Oh, my bad.  Then by all means get the matching Palladium surrounds.  The P-27S sure looks cool so it has to sound great.;):D

Bill

An a previous owner of them. Get them. What metro said above, I heard the very same thing from probably 25 different well respected Avs forum members that have visited and heard the Palladiums while I owned them. Everyone always seemed to be the most impressed with the surrounds over the rest of the speakers. So there was DEFINITELY something about them that everyone loved. 

18 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

I don't own the Palladiums but, I doubt the upgrade would be significant from a SQ perspective.  This is even more so, if using subs in the HT/2ch system.  Now, aesthetics is another thing.

What do subs have to do with surrounds? Lol. 

1 hour ago, Scrappydue said:

What do subs have to do with surrounds? Lol. 

Subs have a lot to do with it.  Smaller surrounds can be used when subs are deployed in the front and back of the room.  My SB speakers have a powerful presence even though they are in-wall Klipsch 5 1/2 drivers. The side surrounds are only 6 1/2 in in-wall and have very powerful prescence.  The surround don't need to reproduce the bass.  They are not over shadowed by the large RF 7 II's, RC 64, four large rear subs.  Coverting to larger surrounds would not be an upgrade in my system or most others using front and rear subs.

As for the OP, I would get the Palladium surronds due to aesthetic.  He brought some beautiful speakers and who would not want them all to match.  This is one reason I've not purchase Palladiums because I would have to change out all the speakers to match the setup.  With black speakers, everything matches in my system.  I would love some P 37 or 38 speakers.:D

Well since I HAVE owned them. I can tell you the difference between the 62ii and P-27s is quite large. They have a smoothness to them the reference stuff just isn't capable of. They also are very subtle. Don't draw attention to themselves. EVERYONE that heard that setup complimented the surrounds. 

As as far as subs making them sound fuller, well we weren't really talking about that. If you think adding a sub in the rear makes a rs-42 sound like a rs-62, well then that's cool. 

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

I would think in this situation with the RS-62 vs P-27s being pretty comparable size wise, it would be more of an aesthetics and voicing thing. 

As for the SQ, I think the above post is dead on target.  I would change them out so that everything looks like it belongs together.  SQ would not even be an issue over aesthetic for me.