help im building theater from ground up

flyingt

Hello All,

I need some advise. A tree fell on my house so now I get to redo my entire basement theater. I have a 12 foot screen and hd projector. My room is 17 foot deep and 14 foot wide. I have about a $4000 budget for audio. I went to best buy magnolia room today but I just wasn't impressed with there martin Logans and what nots. I have never actually heard a klipsch except for my sub that I bought 2 weeks before the tree fell. I want to do a 7.1. Nice center and 2 front floors. the 2 surrounds would be mounted on wall or in wall. The theater is open in the back to the rest of my basement so I would need to do in ceiling mounts for those.Also if someone could point me in the direction to where I can actually go hear some set-up that would be nice. Im in Atlanta.

Thanks,

Good speakers don't wear out or even significantly degrade for many many years, so I gave up on the notion of new speakers decades ago. $500 to $1500 a pair buys amazing used speakers. My HT setup has Forte's L&R, C7, Heresy's on the sides and KG in the rear.

• 4 weeks later...

So This is my set-up so far. R-28f for front left and right. Rp-450-C center.  Sonance in ceiling speakers for back yard. I still need left and right surrounds so I need advise on those before I buy. I have a 13 foot wide elite screen with felt frame on the way.